3. Norwegian Star
The food was VERY bad. SALTY! I heard people complaining every night about the bad food. Three tries to get a med. rare steak and it never happened. Lines for the all three eating areas were 45 minutes every night. Best place to eat was the Japanese restaurant. I felt the dining was really bad and the only way to get a table was to be there lined up before the restaurant opened. Service was usually good. Entertainment was fine. Although not always child appropriate. The ship was a little on the older side but clean. Our first cabin 4520 was a nightmare because of the toilets the often didn't flush and the noice from the water hitting the ship and one night the noice of pipes or something woke us many times. Others on the same deck also mentioned the noice issue. We were moved to deck 11 and that was great. Don't stay on deck 4!!!! Shore excursions were good. Enjoyed that part of our trrip. I would not book a trip on the Star again. I may try another of NCL's ships but I would research it really well before doing so.

Food terrible, shore excursion nice, first cabin awful!!!

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by ccann

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Porthole Window

Shore excursions were good. Enjoyed that part of our trrip.

ccann’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 4520
VERY VERY noicy. Small, view was almost below water. NOT worth the upgrade form inside room. The noice of the water hiting the ship was very loud as well in the night we were woken several times by things banging, sounds like pipes or something rolling around. When we called the client services desk that was fixed with in 30 minutes. We met a couple who were also on deck 4 and they said every night they were kept awake with the noice. Bottom line don't stay on deck 4. We were moved to deck 11 and that was fine.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins