3. Carnival Sunshine
We decided to go on Carnival Sunshine because it was mine and my daughter's first time cruising and we wanted it to be very special. We loved the shows, playing Bingo, playing the games at the Red Frog Pub, and the food was amazing! The food at the buffet was always fresh and clean and all the staff working at the cafeteria was friendly and always there to pick up our dishes. The dining was amazing! We had such a good time with our waiters and they made it so enjoyable that we can't wait to go back! Edgar, our main waiter was truly awesome. He was quick, efficient, kind and so funny. He played my tricks on my daughter and we all had so many laughs. Edgar made our dining very special and it wouldn't have been enjoyable if Edgar wasn't there. He was kind and very friendly. The activities on the boat were fun and we loved going to the shows that Chris was holding because he made the shows always so funny. Alena, she worked at the buffet during the nighttime was also very kind and she worked very quickly and was always smiling. She talked to us and she just made our time on the ship more enjoyable. Alena is a very hard worker and is very open talking about growing up in Ukraine. I was able to connect with her because with both grew up there and spoke Russian and I liked that I was able to talk to her in our native language. Another reason we would travel on the carnival sunshine again was that our cleaner was very awesome. Jaya was our cleaning guy for the 8 days on the ship and he was so friendly. He cleaned our room every day, we came back with our beds made and new fresh towels with a towel animal sitting on our bed. My daughter loved the towel animals that Jaya left. Jaya was always smiling when we saw him around the ship and he would always ask us how we were doing and how was our time on the different islands. Jaya did amazing work on the ship for us and we are very grateful for his work and dedication he has towards his job. We would love to go again and we are already planning for our next summer trip with Carnival. Thank you, Carnival for making it such an amazing experience that we will never forget. Keep up the good work and a special thank you to Edgar (Main Waiter), Alena (Buffet Staff) and Jaya (Cleaner) for making our time something truly special! Much love Carnival!!

Awesome Cruise Line with Awesome Staff!!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by leahblanchard12

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 1641
Our Cleaning guy, Jaya was amazing! He is such a hard worker and would always have our beds made and new towels for us every time we came back from the islands! I had some special requests about my room but Jaya followed it all to the tee! I am so grateful for Jaya and he made our time on carnival a better time. We never had to worry about dirty towels or if we didn't have enough towels because Jaya was always on top of it. Thank you, Jaya for making our time on Carnival Sunshine a great and memorable experience. Keep up the good work Jaya!
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Snuba
    Snuba was very cool and it was such a different experience. We were right by the coral reef and we saw different animals like an eel. The directors were very knowledgeable and we felt safe at all times. Whenever we had a problem they were there to fix it. I just wished they told us that vaseline helps the masks stick better to your face when you have a mustache. It would've been more enjoyable if my friend wasn't getting mouthfuls of salty sea water everytime he went down. Other than that, we would totally book this excursion again!
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    We just flew into Orlando and that is where our ship was taking off. Everything was very clean there and we loved how organized everything was when we were entering the ship!
    View All 2,141 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Review
  • Horseback Riding
    Horseback riding was very fun! We had a great time and all the horses were trained very well in that we all felt very safe riding on them especially for people who never rode on a horse before. It would've been better if they were more organized. We did a lot of standing around and waiting and it sucked up a huge amount of our time that we were not able to go and explore the island. Very nice workers but they need a better system.
    View All 24 Horseback Riding Reviews
  • Zip-lining
    This was one of our favorite excursions! The ziplining was fun and very thrilling! I loved the islands because everyone was so friendly and all the workers were awesome! They had a sense of humor that made the excursion much more enjoyable. They made us feel very safe and this was one of the best excursions ever! Very scenic! Highly recommended!
    View All 59 Zip-lining Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    This was our favorite excursion of all time! I absolutely loved doing this deep sea helmet dive! We were split into two groups and so I went snorkeling first and they would throw food into the water and the most amazingist fish would swim all around us. It was very cool and I got some of the greatest pictures ever! Then we went helmet diving and this was totally awesome. I loved how they took us one by one so that if we had a problem the instructors would be able to focus on us soley. They were very qucik and there was little waiting time. They walked us around the ocean floor showing us sunkend helicoptirs, airplanes, and submaires. This was so cool. They would have fish food and would bring the fish swimming all around us and take our pictures which was awesome. The insturctors was such a nivce gorup of people that made our time more enjoyable there. They were very well trained and made me feel very safe being 25ft under! I would totally do this again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend to anybody who is up for an adventure!
    View All 12,771 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews