3. Norwegian Breakaway
I took my immediate family of 9 with me on a special family cruise to the Baltic. We indulged in the Haven for the first time and I must say, this is the only way to cruise. Expensive yes, but if you really want to be pampered this is the way to cruise on Norwegian. My wife and I took the Breakaway on the same itinerary two months prior with another couple. In that situation we stayed in the non-Haven mini-suites and got a very typical experience with Norwegian. Generally good ship, good ports, good entertainment, average dining, etc. In round two we went Haven and my wife and I are asking ourselves why we did not do this sooner. We booked 2 - two bedroom suites for 4 couples (our adult children and spouses) and and a two year old (our grandson) and the amount of room was just right (albeit the second bedroom a bit tight). The private dining room, bar, pool, sauna, hot tubs etc. made the whole trip civilized by comparison to the general experience had just two months prior. The service from butler to concierge, housekeeping, bar tenders, waiters, etc. are the best the ship has to offer and they did not miss a beat in making the experience memorable. On this cruise we laid back a bit on the excursions, since we went full bore on the June cruise. Instead of going to Berlin on a long 2 1/2 hour train ride each way we decided to go to Wismer (a small town about 1 hour from the port). We toured the area leaving the ship later and returning earlier, yet had a very nice time. In Helsinki we enjoyed the indoor ice park. Gave my grandson his first ride on a real dog sled and climbed around igloos.

Indulged in the Haven

Ages Under 3
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony
Cabin H4 16114
Exceeded my expectation. The amount of space in the 2 bedroom suite was very good. Even my 22 month old grandson had enough room to romp. The second bedroom is thight and certainly no where near as comfortable as the main bedroom, but we switched off about mid-cruise and the housekeeping staff changed all of the bed linens for us to make the transition seamless. Butler took car of us with plenty of expresso for the Nespresso maker and plenty of milk for my grandson. A nice touch was the afternoon snack, always something creative.
Deck 16 Suite Cabins