3. Harmony of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we wanted to get away for Labor day andreceived a Casino offer from UR Comped for the Harmony of the Seas at a price too good to pass. We live in Miami so we just rode Lyft to the part and arrived at 11:45 am and were on the ship by 12:15. We went to the Windjammer like we always do but it was full and there was a huge line of people waiting to go in. We were directed to go to Little Bites for Burger, Hot Dogs and Nachos. It turned out to be nice and not too crowded. Our cabin was ready by 1 pm. It was an inside cabin with a queen bed, a couch and lots of drawers for storage space. The closet was small but our clothes fit fine in there. Bathroom had a shower and enough space for our toiletries. The muster drill was held inside - ours was in the theatre. The Casino was large - half of the area was designated for smoking and the other half was non-smoking. There were a lot of slot machines, table games - roulette, poker, black jack, etc. but they were high $15 blackjac, $10 poker. There were several jackpot winners - I saw someone playing $2 in the slots win $8900 jackpot. We had My Time dining - I had made reservations for 7:30 everynight. Our servers were Giselle and Miriam and they were excellent. Food was delicious - much better than I've had on other ships - Royal, MSC or Princess - in the past two years. There were many options for breakfast and lunch - Windjammer buffet, Little Bites, Solarium and Park Cafe. The buffet sometimes gets too crowded if you don't go early. The Solarium has a good selection for breakfast and lunch and it is not crowded. Little Bites has omelets for breakfast and Park Cafe has soup, sandwiches, Panini's and salads for lunch. Sorrento has very good pizza and salad. We had dinner at the Windjammer one night and it was very good. They had a pasta station, crepes, and some great looking desserts and ice cream selection. We had to schedule the shows prior to getting on the ship. We saw Grease which is a Broadway production. I have seen the movie over 25 times because it was my daughter's favorite when she was growing up and l loved John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. Although the music and the dancing and the stage was great I was a little disappointed with the characters. The Fine Line (the water show) was great, and so was (A Journey in Time) the ice skating show. Columbus...The Musical was ok but the story was a little weird - but it had nice music and dancing. The Stand Up Comedy show was not that good. One of the comedians was not good at all (the first one to perform) the second one was great. My favorite show was the Headliner starring Earl Turner. He is an experience entertainer who has played in Vegas. He was fabulous. He sang old songs and new songs, he was funny, he could dance, he got the audience involved singing, clapping and dancing. Since we have been to Jamaica and Cozumel many times we did not book any tours but just did our own thing. Had never been to Labadee. We spent the day at the beach which was very nice but you need water shoes since it is a little rocky. The buffet lunch was great. It was easy to get off and back on the ship. We made sure we were not the first to leave or last to return so there were no long lines at anytime for us. Our cabin steward was excellent, she kept cabin clean and provided everything we asked for. All the personnel on the ship was very helpful, friendly and attentive. Bartenders were very good although I did not see many of them around the buffet or the pool area as I have seen in the past. I ordered several drinks - Strawberry Daiquiri, Pina Colada and Mud Slide and they were very good. Departure was very organized and we left the ship around 8:30 am. The line through Customs moved fast. Overall I would like to summarize what I liked and did not like about the ship. What I don't like: The way the ship is designed there is no covered area to sit like in a lounge or bar where you can see the ocean. Maybe I just did not find it. I don't like having to book my dinner or my shows. I liked the old way where you ate at 8 and your shows are at 10. When I am on vacation, I don't want to have to think. I want them to plan everything for me. I think the Windjammer is too small for that many people. Maybe they should have 2 buffets like MSC Seaside has. Although the casino is divined in half - snoking and non smoking - many people who don't play come to the casino to sit and smoke. That should not be allowed. Only those who are playing should be allowed to smoke. What I liked: The ship is beautiful, the personnel is very courteous and attentive. The food is very good - quality and flavor. It has a lot of pools and areas to sit by the pool. I was always able to find a place to sit by the pools or hot tubs. I never saw any pool attendant or security monitoring that people left towels on the chairs for hours. Love the Central Park area and the Promenade Loved the Headliner show I would love to come back again on this ship. It is very modern, has a lot of technology upgrades. it is kept very clean and the food and service are great.

Labor Day Vacation on the Harmony of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Martypen

The muster drill was held inside - ours was in the theatre.

Overall I would like to summarize what I liked and did not like about the ship.

What I don't like:

What I liked:

The ship is beautiful, the personnel is very courteous and attentive.

The food is very good - quality and flavor.

Love the Central Park area and the Promenade

Loved the Headliner show

Martypen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 6V 9137
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    We have been to Cozumel many times. We took a cab to Paradise Beach ($15 each way). Admission to Paradise Beach is $3 p/p plus you have to spend a minimum of $10 p/p on food or drinks. You get a beach chair and an umbrella.
    The people that work there are very nice and very welcoming. We had drinks, and some appetizer and spent under $40.
    The beach is very nice but again a little rocky. They have slides, and floats that you can use in the water. You can also book different things to do (ie. parasailing, etc)
    We enjoyed a great day at the beach.
    Can't wait to go back to Cozumel!
  • Falmouth
    I had been to this port several times so we walked off the ship and walked around the shops and went to Margaritaville for a while and returned to the ship. We took advantage that there were not too many people on the ship and enjoyed a great day by the pool and hot tub.
    View All 1,339 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review
  • Labadee
    We had never been to this port. We spent the day at the beach. It was very nice. There were plenty of lounge chairs and areas with shade. The day was beautiful so we went into the water. The bottom is a little rocky so it is a good idea to bring water shoes.
    We enjoyed a great buffet lunch.
    Overall had a great day.
    View All 1,803 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews