3. Norwegian Escape
It was my boyfriend and I’s first time on a cruise and since we live an hour from NYC I figured I’d give this a try. It was honestly the best time we have both had and was totally worth the money. Boarding the ship was easy and very fast. We were on the boat within 45 minutes of arriving at the port. Disembarkation in Bermuda and back in NYC was also very smooth. An answer to the nicotine (and other)vapors- yes you can bring it on the boat. It’s all about how you act so, don’t be stupid. We had the Ultimate Beverage Package and that was by far the best thing ever made because with us, it paid for itself before we even left NY. We payed for WiFi when we were on the boat which was pricy but whatever, we chose to buy it anyway. We mainly dined in the Garden Cafe. It was good for buffet style food and we really had no complaints. Everyone who has complained about it is generally over the age of 50 and or overweight in some type of scooter so if you’re in those categories and are picky about food you should probably consider the dining package. We took advantage of the beverage package in a way that we were always to drunk to see/ remember to book a show onboard but I’ve heard from everyone on the ship that the “brat pack” was the best show they’ve seen. Remember to bring white for the glow party- that was by far the most fun we had on the ship. There wasn’t anyone unsatisfied during it. The only complaint we had was the pool- there is only one adult pool and that’s fine but it’s mostly congested with older guests sitting on the outside of the pool without a bathing suit on or a book in their hand and it’s like, maybe they should have taken a different boat. But ,to each is own and we just found a empty hot tub and lounged in their until the pool was filled with others our age. Everyone we met on board was so nice from the workers to the other cruisers. My boyfriend got sick the second day in Bermuda and everyone who knew he was sick, tried to help him get better and always asked if he was feeling better. Never underestimate the kindness of others. While in Bermuda we did get to go snorkeling on the Restless Native- they’re genuinely amazing and gave us complimentary rum swizzles and cookies while on our snorkeling excursion. Highly recommended. We also did jet skiing- again, highly recommended. And we traveled to horseshoe bay the last day and even though it rained as soon as we got there it was still beautiful. All in all, this was the best time of my life and all I’m saying is, if you have read a negative review it is most likely from a miserable person who feels everyone else should be miserable too. Or from someone who shouldn’t be cruising on a boat with a bunch of younger and middle aged people. *One thing I recommend for water drinkers like myself- the water on board is filtered tap and or sea water and it does not taste like your average Poland Spring. One thing I recommend is bringing a CLOSED case of water and putting it in a duffle bag to bring for the week. They do have flavored water on the boat in the Cafe, they also have water packages but be aware they are not cold. You do have ice in your stateroom but it is something to consider*

Couple Vacation

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by starrley

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

starrley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

• Jet Skiing
    Amazing staff- they let me reschedule with them three times due to my boyfriend being sick one day. Totally worth the money.
    View All 32 Jet Skiing Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Once again, amazing people! They were funny, relaxed and outgoing and deserved a nice tip. They provided paddle boards, kayaks and snorkeling gear for everyone to have fun with. We stayed out for about 2 hours or more with them and didn’t even notice because it was that much fun. They provided complimentary rum swizzles and made cookies for us. Well worth every penny.
    View All 103 Snorkeling Reviews