3. Emerald Princess
We liked the selection of food at the buffet but the taste wasn’t great nor the preparation. I got sick after the first night after eating there the day before (horrible diarrhea & vomiting) or lunch from the Gastric Pub that same day. Share restaurant was great, the only one with good food. The Crown restaurant, my husband had tender filet, mine was tough. I should have taken a picnic basket like Yogi bear. Would I go with Princess again? Yes, definitely. I’ll just be more picky with food. Excursions through Princess were ok except for the 4 hr. Ketchikan, too expensive, boring but super nice people running it. Embarkation & disembarking was easy & impressive! Great service by all employees. Cabin dated but new ship on the way to replace this one ( yay!) entertainment , ok. Casino:so so( small, boring). Train ride in Skagway was a don’t miss excursion! Brought me to tears because it was so beautiful. Ship balcony stateroom was worth the extra money for us. Would go with Princess again, just wish the food was better & less people spreading germs- not everyone used hand sanitizer before getting food in buffet line. Our first cruise- will go again with Princess.

Good, except for food

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Joy E.

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
Joy E.’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BD A622
Very clean, larger then expected
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins