3. Silver Shadow
I wanted to see Alaska and stay over night in Alaska. I now have slept overnight in all 50 states. The cruise over all was very good. Room was outstanding; food and service was very good. Outside of ship needs better maintenence i.e. rusting, flaking paint and corrosion Ports of call were great, once you got by the jewerly hucksters. The embarkation procedure both coming and going is poor. We had to be out of our room at 8:30 AM and we were not allowed off the ship untill 9:30 AM. When we got on the ship we had to stand in line for 30 minuets to check-in after a 1/4 mile walk to get to the ship. They should have triple the people for check-in and not make you leave your room until five minuets before you can exit ship. The airfare was set-up by Silverseas and they were really bad flights, going a 7 hr. on American with no food. Coming a 4hr. layover in Salt Lake City to clear customs which actually occured in Vancover BC. Unless Silverseas offered me a tremedous discount I would not use them again.

70th Birthday Cruise

Silver Shadow Cruise Review by Boostrom

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Ports of call were great, once you got by the jewerly hucksters.

Unless Silverseas offered me a tremedous discount I would not use them again.
Boostrom’s Full Rating Summary