3. Grand Classica
We booked this cruise through a travel agency group at a great deal of $79 dollars per person. We thought that was a great deal so we jumped on it. It was ok really and for a test cruise which is what we used it for, to see if we could do a bigger cruise, it in itself was ok. But, the food was not so great. The better food was an up charge of course. Everything cost extra on the boat. Not much for kids to do there. A pool so small that I thought it was the hot tub at first. My son got to play ping pong on one of the two tables there one time before it was taken over by a large pack of 20 something kids that were rude and unruly. We saw a room where kids were playing video games, my son is 9 and asked if he could play but was told no because the games were for 13 to 17 year olds. I said why not shut the door then so other kids can’t see it? The smell of marijuana covered the entire ship pretty much anytime we left our room. I asked a staff member if anything could be done about it, but was told that he did not see a problem with it. My husband is a truck driver and is drug tested regularly, there was definitely a problem with it. We did an excursion to the Grand Lucayan resort, that was the best part of the whole cruise. The resort was beautiful! We had an issue with the on board cruise bucks where they closed our account which took an hour to resolve because of the language barriers between the me and the staff member at guest service desk. All in all, we made a good time out of it given what we had to work with. I will definitely not be back on the Grand Classica. Here’s to hoping our next cruise is better!!

You get what you pay for

Grand Classica Cruise Review by Syncha1

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

Syncha1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Grand Classica price drops

Cabin was clean, no funky smells