3. Celebrity Reflection
Firstly these are the things I liked about this cruise: -the cabins were large including the bathroom. They might not have won any interior design competitions but they were comfortable. -the ports visited were very good and we enjoyed all of the tours I arranged independently of the boat -the food overall was of good quality in the Opus restaurant and for afternoon tea and for some dinner choices in the 14th floor cafe -the serving staff in the restaurants and bars on board were smiling and helpful -the sunset bar at the back of the boat was one of our favourite areas on board and the martinis at the Martini bar were very good. -the gym was well equiped and large. -the iced towels and water that we were greeted with before we embarked back on the boat at each port of call. -Lunch at the Porch restaurant was well worth the additional fees. But, here are the things I really did not like and spoilt our cruise to some extent: -the check in desks in Rome were small and the whole atmosphere was chaotic and did not lend itself to a relaxed embarkation -we had free wifi and a drinks package which was not initially honoured by the ship and it took a few hours into the cruise before this could be sorted out, which was an unnecessary aggrevation. -the safety demonstration was awful. We had to watch a lame video which made a mockery of what should have been a serious safety briefing -we went for breakfast on the first day of the cruise at the Opus restaurant. The dinning room was only about 20 percent full but they insisted on shoving everyone into one corner of the dining room which did not make for a comfortable dining experience. The same thing happened on the second day so we stopped using the dinning room for breakfast for the remainder of the cruise, which was a shame as I normally enjoy sitting down for breakfast and having it served on holiday -one of the Food and Beverage managers for the Opus Restaurant was quite rude and acted in a belittling manner, but in fairness to the cruise line the maitre de called me back after recieving the feedback form and offered us not only his apologies but a free upgraded dining experience by way of apology which was much appreciated. -as fairly in experienced cruisers we did not realise that the water bottles in our cabins were not free of charge and were stunned to receive charges of over $100 on our final account. I think they should be clearly indicated as mini bar items on the bottles themselves and chargeable as such. -public areas that you would expect to be quiet such as the library, games area and reading area are located in the atrium so are not quiet at all. -music was played virtually everywhere on board and it was difficuly to escape from and it really wasn't our cup of tea, with the exception of some accustic music at the sunset bar and the violinist and cellist on board. -our bingo fiasco was one event which really spoilt one evening. We thought we would play bingo for a bit of fun with our daughters which at $49 a board did not seem that cheap to us. It included some raffle tickets. A big deal was made out of the draw, read out one number at a time until the $1,000 winner was announced. Turned out to be my husband, we were so excited not having won much before. At the end my husband went to claim his prize which was not the on board credit we were expecting but a certificate for $1,000 off our next cruise with Celebrity which as it can only be used directly with them is probably not worth anything when travel agents offer other incentives to get you to book. As my husband said afterwards he felt he had won a $1,000 and lost it all in the space of one evening. So would we travel with Celebrity Cruises again. In honesty if the prices was right and the ports of call were interesting, maybe, but the overall feeling that we felt about this cruise line is that it is a bit underhand in it's charging and constantly looking for ways to make you spend as much money as possible on board. I think we would look at a different cruise line next time. They certainly didn't do much to entice us to come back again.

Cruise spoilt because of some issues on board

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by AdeleNewman

Firstly these are the things I liked about this cruise:

-the gym was well equiped and large.

-Lunch at the Porch restaurant was well worth the additional fees.

AdeleNewman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 1B 7207
Good location on the boat. Near the lifts but quiet.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins