3. Ruby Princess
Feedback on the Ruby Princess Cruise to Alaska Sept 1-8, 2018. This being both mine and my husband’s first cruise, we were naturally very excited. Going to Alaska has been something I have been looking forward to for many years. The highlight of the trip were the views, without question they were breathtaking!!! The cabin we selected was also fantastic. The linens and bed were wonderful!!! The cabin was a perfect size and our cabin steward was super attentive and did an excellent job. The ship was exceptionally clean, especially the bathrooms, which was remarkable considering the number of people on the ship. Unfortunately, our experience was less than ideal and we were extremely disappointed. I just wanted to provide feedback so that hopefully other people in future will have a better experience. It all started when our neighbors woke us up before 6am on Sunday morning (our first morning) with their extremely loud conversations. I have a feeling the 3 ladies were all hard of hearing. We called and asked to have someone contact them to keep their voices down. They sent a security person to ask the neighbors if they heard anything, and I believe they left the cabin after they were “talked” to, but the pattern continued EVERY morning of the cruise. The second morning, I asked them to quiet down myself and they offered me ear plugs. Not only did they talk extremely loudly every time they were on their balcony, they also smoked non-stop. Our cabin was down wind, so we got all their smoke ALL the time. On the second day I asked to me moved. Unfortunately, there was no cabins available according to the cruise line staff so we were stuck. I spent time on my vacation calling my travel agent, who told me there was nothing they could do. My travel agent did send an email to princess. The ship contacted us about the continued smoking and they said they asked on both side and neither set of passengers smoked, so that could not be the issue, since smoking is not permitted in the cabin or the balcony. I told them that they did smoke and I had seen them. They told me without proof they could not do anything, but call if there was smoke again. I am not sure what they expected me to do, lean over the rail and ask them to pose while smoking so I could provide “proof”. My husband was so frustrated and upset with the situation, I just let it go and kept our balcony door shut. I was not going to spend my whole vacation calling about the smoking issue. Alaska has wonderful fresh air, but we only were able to enjoy it outside of the cabin, which defeated the purpose of paying for the balcony. This limited our use of the balcony, which was the whole reason I made the selection of cruise and cruise ship. The other big issue was the food. I would say it was a cross between hospital and dorm food. It was really bad. No matter where we went, even if we paid the up charge for anything (yes we tried them ALL), the food was less than ideal. Share, was the best restaurant since it was the only place that did not overcook the fish, but even their dishes were less the good. There was one course that I could not even eat. I specifically requested a table for 2. It was our vacation and we both have to extroverted for our jobs and this was our opportunity to relax and enjoy each other, but asking for a table for two each time we were made to feel like out casts. There were very few tables for 2 and we had to sit in the line-up of shame, which was a line-up of tables at the side of the dining room. I hate to tell you, but those tables were always full. Princess should really try to accommodate more tables for 2. People should NOT have to order their complete meal at the beginning of the meal. It should be an enjoyable experience and they should be able to choose as their go and determine what they would like for their next course as the meal progresses. I realize it is more convenient for the kitchen and the wait staff, but it not about them they are not paying for the cruise. Needless to say, we will NEVER be sailing with Princess in the future.

BEWARE of BAD FOOD and a cabin down wind of smokers

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by droarty

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
Feedback on the Ruby Princess Cruise to Alaska Sept 1-8, 2018.

Needless to say, we will NEVER be sailing with Princess in the future.
droarty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin ME E725
Very Clean!!!
The best was super comfortable.
The couch has seen better days.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins