Fjords Fantastic, Wheelchair friendly ship and ports. Staff very helpful getting on off ship with wheelchair. Many regular P&O Cruisers reported this being the worst ship they had ever been on. Cruise ship disappointing. This was our first cruise, however my parents have done several cruises. Cabins were lovely and our Stewart was brilliant. Dinning Buffet meal good for breakfast, just avoid the Eggs Benedict it was cold & no crispy bacon, omelets lovely, cooked to order. Afternoon tea in buffet good. Formal Restaurant service very slow 2 - 2hrs 45 mins, our quickest service was 1hr 45mins because we didn’t stay for desert, however meals were lovely. Entertainment poor 3 good guest acts, the rest was dire, singers out of tune (and I am tonne deaf). Couple of in house bands were good. Entertainment timings didn’t work in well with Restaurant eating. Shore excursions very expensive far better to research things to do and organise yourself - P&O charging over £48 for an activity that is a 10 min walk from ship and costs £10 to go onto. In saying that the Helecopter over the glazier worth every penny. Bar service good but if you drink a lot it can get expensive. Some reception staff could be a bit abrupt at time My Mum got a 5min lecture on how to look after her room key correctly when it stopped working. Seating around indoor swimming pool, floors often running with water and was very rarely mopped. I would do the Fjords again in a heart beat.

Norwegian Fjords

Ventura Cruise Review by Madhoose

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Inside Twin with Shower

I would do the Fjords again in a heart beat.
Madhoose’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Ventura price drops

Inside Twin with Shower
Cabin OG
Cabin nice size and kept very clean
  Ventura Deck Plans

• Alesund
    Make sure you get off Ship and get this booked as it sells out fast. You can choose the time you want to go. It is headphones, view point was fantastic although you don’t get long there. We had a walk around town some beautiful buildings and some lovely little shops
    View All 12,636 Alesund Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Alesund Cruise Port Review
  • Bergen
    Lovely town just a shame it was pouring of rain and so Misty the Vennicular Railway was not worth going to. We did go and do some shopping, there are a few shops that sell Christmas Decorations all year round, look around before buying. Lovely harbour and seemed to be a few things to do but we were soaked so decided to return to ship
    View All 621 Bergen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bergen Cruise Port Review
  • Olden
    My Dad and I did the Helicopter over the Glazier £185 each but worth every penny. My Mum and Partner did the City Train and enjoyed it. We then all then went to the glazer area and took the Troll Cars which was fun. The Glazier is a fair walk from where bus drops you and even using the Troll Car it is still a fair walk and steep at time not suitable for wheelchairs I would say. If you go once you get to top area where Troll Cars stop as you walk up to Glazier look out for the first very large stone area on your left it is well worth climbing up to I believe this was the most beautiful view point of all (other than Helicopter)
    View All 149 Olden Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Olden Cruise Port Review
  • Stavanger
    We used a local taxi which was a good thing as it was all up hill, a lovely walk back down to harbour. This is a hidden Gem and worth visiting. Plenty time left to visit Church and old town afterwards.
    View All 263 Stavanger Cruise Port Reviews