3. Norwegian Epic
I have been on four other cruises in my adult life. However this was my first time sailing with Norwegian. We arrived in Barcelona ahead of the cruise and stayed In Las Ramblas (HCC hotel—-great location to be close to everything). Be sure to travel with an outlet converter if you are staying in a traditional European hotel. US plugs will not work. Taxi from our hotel to the port was roughly 15 euros. At arrival to the port check in was fast and smooth, rooms were ready by 1:30pm, luggage arrived to the room quickly. I recommend downloading the iconcierge app so you can quickly book restaurant reservations and entertainment reservations once on board. Shows sell out quick! The food options were vast and tasty. A variety of free complimentary restaurants. I recommend Teppanyki hibachi restaurant. It was so good we ate there twice during our cruise. Moderno was also yummy. Shanghai was ok and noodle bar was good. The buffet has a different theme for dinner each night (American, Spain, Greek, etc) Indian food and fresh crepes is available at the buffet every day among other options. The food lines were never long and moved very quick. Our balcony stater room was comfortable and clean — I have no complaints. There is no self serve laundromat or iron room on this boat. Laundry service is offered. Half way through the cruise they offer a laundry a one time special $20 for as much clothes you can fit into the laundry bag provided. You have to call and request an iron if you need one. They give you roughly 30 mins to and hour to use it. All of the broadway shows were good. Escape room was fun. Bowling and pool are also offered for an additional fee. Night time entertainment was lack luster. Bliss lounge and spice was blah. Nothing to get excited about. DJ could be better to keep the energy of the crowd going. Some nights there were not many entertainment options. Cruise director needs to be replaced. On other cruises that I have attended the cruise director was always present and ensured guests were having the time of their life. Spa area was great. We purchased the week long spa pass and it was well worth it. On sail days and in the afternoon the pools and decks were crowded!!! We were able to avoid the crowd at the spa. It’s also great to relax in the spa at night after many hours of walking each day. The excursions via the ship are over priced. We booked 3 excursions via the ship prior to sailing, but wouldn’t recommend it. You can leverage Viator and book excursions via their app in advance of your sailing. Or check out the local tour company’s when you port. In Rome we hired a private driver via a local tour company—- best decision ever! He took us everywhere we wanted to go. Uber also works in all of the countries. There is also local trains and buses that can take you from the ports to the main attraction area. Tips to leverage these lower cost resources are noted in your freestyle newsletter each night. Leverage these lower cost resources you will be able to see more and have greater flexibility in your day. You will need Euros if you are leveraging local tour options and taxis. We exchanged our dollars to euros at our bank pre travel In order to get the best exchange rate. The shopping area near the leaning Tower of Pisa has the best souvenir options and prices of the whole trip. If you plan to buy things for family, friends, kids this would be a good location to stock up. Prices are also fair too. You will need cash. Purchased the ship WiFi and it worked well. No issues using FaceTime, what’sapp, texting, etc My least favorite port was Naples. Loved all other ports. Hope this overview and included tips help you plan your trip. Happy cruising

Great vacation

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Ucl1144

Taxi from our hotel to the port was roughly 15 euros.

My least favorite port was Naples. Loved all other ports.

Hope this overview and included tips help you plan your trip.

Happy cruising