3. Disney Wonder
About us: First time cruising as a family with 2 school age girls under 10 years old. My summary: Premium pricing is worth it for the premium service - especially if you have kids. TIP: Get the tickets for Frozen Gathering, Princess Gathering, and Character Breakfast as soon as the online activities open for you. - Entertainment - Extremely good quality of shows and performances. In order in which I woud rank: Frozen, Dreams, Golden Mickeys. Character meet and greets were awesome for kids. The lines were occasionally long, but mostly managed. - Dining/Food quality - Extremely good in Palo, quite good in regular restaurants, even buffet food quality was good. The rotation and entertainment for kids was really nice touches. They had activities or things in different restaurants that kept kids engaged during meals. In order of preference: Animator's Palate, Triton's, Tiana's - Kids club - my kids loved it both for the arts and crafts and activities that were there. Engaging staff, secure and very clean. They had handwashing stations. - Ship - clean, rooms were well designed with storage - we had a room with a veranda in the midship. Boat rocked quite a bit some evenings - I'm told more than bigger ships but I don't have a good comparison. - Disney service - Crew members generally seemed happy and had good attitudes about service. Excursions TIP: Morning excursions in Alaska sometimes got canceled because of fog (boat ride, helicopter, float plane) TIP: Bring your raincoat/umbrella and be prepared for the weather to not be that great. Skagway: White pass yukon railway train ride. Really nice because you could sit with kids and not worry about driving. Scenery was beautiful. Did not see much wildlife. Skagway itself was a small town and not very interesting to be in - lots of shopping. Juneau: We went to mendenhall glacier and went whalewatching. Bus tour to glacier, rained there and we did a short hike. We didn't make it to nugget falls because there was only 1 hour on the tour and my little one had to be carried. I would possibly look into a tour that lets you stay longer at the glacier or separate it out from whalewatching. On the whalewatching boat, they provided binoculars and donut holes and hot drinks. We saw two pods of humpback whales. 5 - 7 whales in total. We stayed with one pod for 30 minutes and then saw another for about 15 minutes. Went by sea lions on the way back to the dock. Ketchikan: Neets Bay Bear Watch (sans kids). Took a 30 minute float plane to Neets bay and then walked a little to a salmon hatchery and saw 3 bears eating salmon over about 1 hour and float planed back. It was awesome! If I had to do it again, I would!

Disney Cruise Worth it for the Magical Moments

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by mvmomma

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Excursions

If I had to do it again, I would!
mvmomma’s Full Rating Summary