• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Carnival Horizon Review

Editor Rating

Some flaws, but still "pretty good"

Review for Carnival Horizon to the Eastern Caribbean
baldielox
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin: Interior

First off, a little background. I am a 62 year old widower traveling with my 33 year old son.This was my 5th cruise with Carnival (in addition to 2 with Royal Caribbean, 1 with Princess, and 1 with Norweigan). This was the 6th with my son, so we have a pretty good level of experience.

Embarkation in New York went smoothly and we were on the ship within an hour of arrival to the port.

The ship: We selected this ship because my son wanted to try a new ship that was large and had the newest "bells and whistles".The Horizon just hit the water a few months prior and with The Vista is the largest of the Carnival fleet.Its passenger capacity is about 4,000 (double occupancy, but when you consider the 3rd and 4th in the cabins, the census is probably over 5,000.We had an inside cabin (our usual choice ) that was quite adequate for us with everything in good working order.It has a new computerized elevator system (more on that later), a "sky ride", a rope course, a large waterpark area, an I-Max theatre, and a few other "bells and whistles". Because of the large capacity, some of the lunch venues and activities sometimes have some sort of lines, but only a very few times were the lines a problem. For the most part, the ship handled the passenger density well enough with the many food and activity venues. For those who have cruised before, you'll appreciate that it was rare not to find lounge chairs when you looked for one.

Interior

Cabin 4B

Brand new ship,interior cabin of usual size for Carnival, Cabin was clean, mechanics (a/c etc.) worked fine....couldn't ask for anything more.

2 Helpful Votes