We chose the Bliss because of all the amazing videos we saw and everything we heard from our travel agent. I will start with the positives:
- If you're a single or older couple with no kids, this cruise MAY be for you
- Good options for entertainment
- Paid/ upcharge restaurants were definitely better than included ones
- Alaska ports made the trip worthwhile
Now, for the things we do not like and why we will never choose Norweigan again:
- Maybe because the Bliss is so new, this could explain the utter lack of organization of the staff
- Food at Buffet, Taste/Savor (same food) and Manhattan was very mediocre (at best) with no place to sit in the buffet restaurant
- Our room (10-154) had a horrible banging/knocking in the walls and for 3 straight nights I go ZERO sleep, for a vacation it was unbearable
- The spa passes were pointless and way over priced (again with kids, it's very difficult to coordinate since the kids clubs closes for 2 hours chucks all through the day)
- The arcade and bowling machines will charge you repeatedly whether you used/ played the machine or not (and the way we were treated when we brought up an extra $6 charge was atrocious...)
-Staff on cruise aren't empowered to do anything. So, if you have issues you have to write a complaint post cruise and they say it takes up to 15 business days to get a response
- The app is trash and they charge you $9.95 per person to use it
- Most things were constantly closed down (laser tag, mini golf and race track) which attracted us in the first place
- Most things on ship are an extra cost so it's a constant nickel and diming vacation
- Not a lot of family friendly activities
- Havanah was just awful (as you will see in every other review) but there was really no need for the actors to light up real cigarettes in Jersey Boys (it was disgusting and made the whole theater smell)
- The common spaces like the observation area are ALWAYS packed and people put their gross feet on the furniture and no rules are enforced. NOTE: We had a balcony but if you get an inside cabin it will be very hard for you to find a "common space" to relax and enjoy when there is anything to see outside
- No drawers/ clothing space for fmaily with kids (if you're just 2 people, I imagine the closet space would be fine
- The worst traffic flow I've ever seen on a ship. Elevators are always packed and no one wants to make space for new people (so you will be climbing 5-10 flights of stairs all the time to get where you need to go)
- Captain decided to not go to the glacier which was a huge selling point for us. Given all the equipment they have on board it was more of an issues of not “wanting” to rather that not being able to. Why not save their gas and effort, right? We literally turned around.
Overall, this is a cruise where the food is bad, few options for families, the staff is not empowered to make anything right which means absolute HORRIBLE or non-existent customer service, over-crowded ship with poorly planned traffic flow, this was not a vacation this was a total disappointment. As with anything, we have each other so spending time together was the best part but I would not waste money with Norweigan (they appear economical but after being charged for EVERY SINGLE THING) they are way more pricey. I will be booking with Disney Cruise from now on until kids are older (they have exquisite food, service and pretty much everything is outstanding).
Small cabin with little closet space. Probably fine for 2 people but not family friendly.