3. Viking Sky
We just returned from the Viking Homelands cruise on the Viking Sky. It was our first Viking experience. We have become Viking fans and won’t be cruising on other lines if Viking goes where we want to go. Here are some of the things that stood out: • The crew was fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble. Most had university degrees in some hospitality related area. From the Captain on down, they would greet guests in the passageways. I saw a Commander (3 stripes) stop and pick up a tiny piece of paper and put it in the trash. • Attention to detail was amazing. • The food was amazing. Even the buffet, aka World Café, was great. Nothing on the buffet was ever “tired.” Much was made to order, such as pasta dishes, cut to order prime rib, One night we had lobster tail, filet mignon, and prime rib. It was not a free for all like the buffets on other lines. The Restaurant, the main restaurant, was really nice and had great service. • Passengers seemed friendlier. I think that rubbed off of the crew being so friendly. Most other passengers had been on river cruises. (We go next year.) • The organization of everything, from embarkation to excursions, to disembarkation and busses to the airport (airport transfer after disembarkation was included,) was impressive. • Great coffee at the bar in the Living Room on Deck 1. It opened at 6:30am, but if you got there early, Kamdesh, the barista was more than happy to make your favorite drink, which he knew. I’d sit and read the news on my Surface computer and watch him greet passengers by name and make “the usual” for all of them. His memory was uncanny. • The included excursions were very good. I had no idea how beautiful Norway is or how great a city St. Petersburg could be. St. Petersburg should have been a bucket list item. Who knew? Internet was included, but a little slow. 2 Mbs down and a respectable 8 up. We gave entertainment 3 stars, except when the cruise director, Heather, sang, it was amazing. Sara Brightman has nothing on Heather's voice. Amazing. We’re looking forward to next July for the Grand European river cruise.

Made Us New Viking Fans

Viking Sky Cruise Review by PismoPat

Here are some of the things that stood out:

• Attention to detail was amazing.

Internet was included, but a little slow. 2 Mbs down and a respectable 8 up.

We’re looking forward to next July for the Grand European river cruise.
PismoPat’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sky price drops

The cabin and veranda were a good size and very comfortable. There was plenty of storage space and the bathroom and shower were spacious. That particular cabin number was opposite the elevators, so people waiting for the elevator could see in the cabin if I opened the door. Deck 7 is a great location because there are so many other things on that deck, but next time, I'd offset the cabin by one number.