• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Emmie115
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin:

We chose Viking because we have been on other cruise lines and didn’t like how crowded they were. The cruise itself was spectacular. The staff was attentive and friendly. The ship was clean and comfortable; not overcrowded. The food in the main restaurant was superb. By far the best restaurant on the ship is the main restaurant. We ate at the speciality restaurants as well but preferred the main restaurant. I enjoyed the fact that you could go to dinner whenever you wanted. There were no assigned tables, times or waitstaff.

The only complaint I would have with Viking is their customer service reps that you deal with before the cruise. I found them to be rude and unhelpful once the cruise was booked. They were particularly rude when I was attempting to book excursions. I did not do any of the included excursions and had some difficulty getting the excursions I wanted. Instead of telling me to be patient because additional spots open up on excursions that are popular I was told I should have booked a more expensive room (I chose the deluxe veranda because I don’t spend much time in the room but didn’t want the base room either). I felt these people were overly rude which was completely unnecessary and made me dread going on the trip.

Cabin Deluxe Veranda

Our cabin was beautifully appointed; very spacious for a cruise ship and spotlessly clean. The design of the cabin provided an excess of available storage space without seeming to provide such space. The bathroom was well sized for a cruise ship and full of amenities that you don’t find elsewhere

3 Helpful Votes