• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin:
Traveled with children

This was my 23rd Carnival cruise and my 47th cruise overall. Our family has cruised Carnival frequently over the years; in fact, my 7 y/o child turned platinum on this cruise! I consider myself an experienced cruiser and am overall not hard to please. This was our third time on the Vista, and unfortunately this will be my last Carnival cruise based on the declining product, cutbacks, fellow passengers, and outgrowing the brand.

We flew in the day before the cruise into FLL and stayed at a Hampton Inn. We used SAS transportation to shuttle us from the hotel to the Port of Miami. I have used SAS numerous times and have been very pleased with their services. We got to the port around 10AM and waited while passengers were still disembarking the ship. They started priority boarding around 11:20 if I am remembering correctly. Our room was ready and we stored our carry-on bags and set out to get some lunch.

Since this was our third time on the ship, we had our bearings. The Vista is looking worse for the wear: many areas of stained and ruined carpeting, worn fixtures, and many broken/damaged areas. The sports square was in bad shape-mini golf was torn up and the foosball tables were in various stages of disrepair. The Lido buffet was not well ventilated and very hot and muggy all the time. The flooring remains very slick – I don’t know why they have not changed this-it seems very dangerous and a liability for Carnival to have this slippery flooring. The two main pools were very dirty all the time-water was cloudy and smelled bad. Later in the day a scum appeared on the surface of the water that was really quite disgusting. There were only two hot tubs that kids could go in during the day and they were always crowded. There are no hot tubs at the main pool. Carnival makes no effort to enforce their rule of no diapered babies in pools, so watch out! Babies and toddlers in diapers everywhere in pools, hot tubs, and waterworks areas-NASTY and a public health hazard!!

11 Helpful Votes