3. Crystal Ravel
I have cruised on many ocean lines with Seabourn being my favorite. This was my first river cruise. The service was great, food ok, room well designed, but, we had a huge problem. The river water was too low for us to navigate the Danube so we did a 3 day round trip from Vienna to Wachau valley and did not sail to Slovakia or Budapest. That was a major disappointment to not sail into Budapest. The ship made a weak attempt to still cover the itinerary by booking us into a 4-star hotel in Budapest and giving us an $80 euro dining credit for our final day! Does not begin to cover the cost of the cruise which was around $1600 a day. The worst part was how while we were in Vienna for so many days we were sandwiched between two boats so had to keep the curtains closed at all times as the boat next to us was literally 2 inches away from us and a guest room on that boat! Claustrophobic! It was very overpriced for what was delivered and I will not cruise agin on Crystal. I consider it to be a total rip off. Horrible experience, never again.

Boat to nowhere

Crystal Ravel Cruise Review by sfbaker

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: River Suite Deluxe with Panoramic Balcony-Window
I have cruised on many ocean lines with Seabourn being my favorite.

sfbaker’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crystal Ravel price drops

River Suite Deluxe with Panoramic Balcony-Window
Cabin S2 246
very well designed, very small.
Seahorse Deck Suite Cabins