3. Norwegian Pearl
We traveled with extended family (children, mother, sister) on Alaska Cruise from Seattle. This was our first cruise ever and I found the reviews helpful as well as Cruise Critic. We booked 2 mini suites (with balcony) with an adjoining door. My sister was across the hall in an inside room. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the rooms and bathroom. Location was perfect- mid ship and 1 floor down from the buffet and Splash Academy (kids club). Overall, we were impressed with the food and activities onboard. The main dining room was too slow for the kids so we mostly ate at the buffet. The variety and quality of the food was excellent, especially he desserts. We ate at 3 of the specialty restaurants as it was included as an extra perk when we booked While they were good, I am not sure I would have paid extra for them as the complimentary food was excellent. The Splash Academy staff and activities were fantastic! My kids begged to go every day. So this made for a relaxing trip for us. Main downside was the amount of time on the ship. Not sure I will cruise again- I didn't like being limited in the time spent at port or having so many people in one place. But this was the case for all the itineraries.

NCL Pearl Alaska, Cabin 11564