Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review
1,207 Reviews

I would go again and on this ship

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by jsboysen

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

We choose this cruise for two reasons. First our past experience with NCL which was on the NCL Star thru the Panama Canal which was a great cruise. Second, because the Alaska cruise was Seattle to Seattle which is what we wanted and did not require flying into one airport and departing from another.

There were 5 of us on this cruise and some of us are very hard to please but I can report that all were happy with the cruise. We have all cruised other lines and found NCL to be the best.

We find the staff of NCL the best on the high seas. They are always friendly and more than willing to help with any of our needs. We never found one person grumpy or rude which we have found on other cruise lines. Kudos to NCL.

While the cabins are not as large as say Carnival but they are comfortable and have everything one would need. I should point out if you are a new cruiser that you will or should spend very little time in your cabin. I have read other comments that the cabins are too small but consider the following...You will change clothes, bathe, and sleep so why would I need a mansion? So keep in mind what is important to you when you cruise.

The ship itself is impeccable, always clean and for us, everything was working as expected. A good deal of this is a result of the staff. One negative is the size of the ship. It is huge and you may find yourself walking a lot. The one aspect of the ship that needs to be fixed, and I am not sure how, is the elevators. There are at least 12 elevators maybe 16 (not sure) however we felt that we were always waiting for an elevator and when it came it was always jammed with people. That seemed to be a very common complaint from those on board.

The ports that the ship visited are very good. This is our first time in Alaska and we enjoyed it thoroughly. We really enjoyed very port we visited with the exception of Victoria and that has nothing to do with Victoria just that we choose not to do anything. Whale watching was great with plenty to see. The train ride in Sagaway was outstanding and the rainforest in Ketchecan was oh so interesting. Loved every aspect of Alaska and would go again.

My/our bottom line is that we go to Alaska again and certainly use NCL just not sure about going on the Bliss not because anything was wrong it is just so big.

jsboysen's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 14122

The cabin suited our needs. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom had everything we needed. I often see that there are complaints about the cabins being too small, and we know that Carnival cabins are larger, but we are only sleeping there so for us the size meant very little. One negative and it is not really a negative is that we wished we had an option for harder pillows. Yeah, I know a little bit picky.

Mendenhall Glacier

see above

View All 971 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
Juneau

Whales everywhere enclosed boat and great guides. The glacier was a sight to see we loved every minute of this tour

Ketchikan

Loved the tour the guides were great and gave us a bunch of info. The downside was it was freezing on the boat... wear warm clothes

jsboysen