3. Silver Shadow
This was our first cruise and a trip of a lifetime to Alaska.We looked at many cruise lines and we felt that this would be a good value. We were not wrong. Silver Seas is first class. I do wish that port time was longer but we did cover a lot of ground (or sea)... I cannot say enough about the crew and how wonderful they were. Pleasant, professional and just what was promoted by the cruise line. Our cabin was very comfortable. The service for our cabin was wonderful from the cleanliness of our cabin to room service. The only area that I would have changed would be the port calls. If you had a excursion there was very little time to see the actual port or surrounding area. The ports themselves are the same after a while so it would have been nice to have been able to see the areas around the towns. Also, a bit disappointed that we went to Canada for our kayak excursion? thought that was a bit weird.

Wonderful experience

Silver Shadow Cruise Review by Tish63

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
Tish63’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Shadow price drops

Service was outstanding. Marlon and Ester were wonderful and took very good care of us even on a night with rough seas. I miss them terribly (LOL). Room was very comfortable.
  Silver Shadow Deck Plans

• Fishing
    guide took us to area where they knew there was bear activity. There was a mother with cubs in the area and a fresh kill so we could not go to the area intended. We had to walk over a mile to the area thru mud and marsh. No fish in the area, nobody caught any fish
  • Whale Watching
    was annoyed that we had to leave area because other people on the boat had another excursion planned. A pod of whales were in the area and we had to leave. why combine people that are going on multiple excursions.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Seward
    There was no time for an excursion as we had to disembark at 7am for the train to Anchorage
    View All 186 Seward Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Seward Cruise Port Review
  • Kayaking
    why on earth did we have to go Canada to go kayaking? thought that was a bit strange. Guides were wonderful.