• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

eckso
2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin: Balcony

A group of friends wanted to get away for an extended weekend and my fiance' and I thought that was a great idea, so we all decided to go on a cruise. This was my 4th cruise, the previous 3 were with RCL. We gave Carnival a try because they are more of the 'fun' and 'party' cruise lines. Plus they were one of the only cruise lines out of Jacksonville which is pretty close to Atlanta(where we're from).

Elation is an old gem, and since her refitting, she shines. We had a balcony on the rear end of the ship and it was surprisingly spacious, more than previous RCL balconies I've been on.

The cruise got started off on a bad foot. I have never had to wait so long in the scalding heat at a muster station. It was around 45 minutes. The crew in my muster station we're not the greatest at organizing people and telling them where they needed to be. Some of them looked like they had no idea what to do. So with no drinks, no water, we just waited. People were beyond frustrated with the time.

Balcony

Cabin 8C

The cabin was clean and fairly larger than I anticipated. The bed was comfortable. Shower was small, but that's fully expect on a cruise. The knob that holds the shower head broke towards the end of the cruise, so we had to adjust it in a weird way to where it wouldn't move. Our room attendant was amazing.

Find a Carnival Elation Cruise from $179