• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Contactbob
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin:

We chose Viking because of it's fine reputation for quality and service. The smaller ship size made the trip more intimate with a relaxed atmosphere free from queueing and crowds. We chose this particular cruise as it had ports in both Karen's and my homelands. So, we had an opportunity to visit our roots. Unfortunately, due to winds???? the Captain cancelled our stop in Gdansk Poland. Being 100% Polish I was unable to visit my homeland. Quite a disappointment. This was the only negative we experienced. The food was outstanding and the personalized service was extraordinary. Brian Rodriguez our Cruise Director was the finest Director we have ever had the pleasure of sailing with...and what a voice!!! I found the guides on our tours to be extremely knowledgeable and very courteous. Docking locations were very convenient to transportation and town centers. This eliminated the need for long walks on piers and to tour buses. Thank you to the Viking team for making this a memorable trip.

Cabin DV4

Well appointed. Spotless. Our Steward was very friendly, helpful, and saw to our every need.

Port Reviews

Gdansk (Warsaw)

The Captain cancelled this port of call due to HEADWINDS!!!! Had to make sure we arrived on time in Rostock. Due to us never experiencing any heavy seas my opinion was that this decision was more a matter of fuel expenditure (fuel consumption$$$$) than any concern over passenger comfort or safety. A VERY POOR DECISION!!

Aalborg

Enjoyed it

Eidfjord

Scenery was breathtaking. Unfortunately we arose at 6AM as directed the previous night to view the fjords as we sailed into port and found ourselves already docking in port. Captain was ahead of schedule on what would have been a beautiful sail.

3 Helpful Votes