3. Viking Idi
We had wanted to cruise the Rhine River for years and decided not to put it off any longer. Wise decision. The cruise, the staff and the sites were wonderful. Once we boarded, the Idi lived up to our expectations. The staff and cruise director were wonderful. Someone was always at your fingertips if you needed something. The talks on board were extremely informative and the game nights were fun. We especially enjoyed the shore excursions. I have problems with my knees (two knee replacements) and on almost every excursion, there was a tour for those of us who had trouble keeping up with the other groups. We were able to walk at a slower pace, enjoying the views along the way, and if we needed a break, all we had to do was ask! Extremely appreciated! I cannot say enough about the food onboard. It was beautifully and tastefully prepared and we ate way too much food! Our post-cruise stay in Lucerne, Switzerland was beautiful. I will definitely go back to Switzerland and include Lucerne in my itinerary! We absolutely loved this cruise and wouldn't mind taking it again. My only negative aspect about this cruise was that we were booked into the Radisson Blu in Amsterdam. They have a 2-3 inch high marble lip going into the bathroom with no warning signs or anything to highlight this tripping hazard. It is the same color as the bathroom floor and is not easily seen. I, like many of my fellow travelers, stumped their toes on this lip with resulting bruises, broken nails, etc. My fall resulted in a split forehead just above the eye and a trip to the emergency room. Either the Radisson should fix this problem or Viking should change hotels in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam to Lucerne - What's Not to Like???

Viking Idi Cruise Review by debbieandtommycruises

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony
debbieandtommycruises’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Idi price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 212
The cabin was very spacious and I enjoyed the large window area to simply sit back and watch the country side slide by. Our attendant was extremely helpful and very delightful to talk with. No problems with the cabin at all.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins