Viking Sun Cruise Review

A Lovely Ship with a Great Crew

Viking Sun Cruise Review by bobinaustin

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

A friend suggested it because it was new and had an interesting itinerary. I had been on a Viking tour of China so was familiar with the company. I was very impressed. The ship is lovely, the service is excellent, wine with lunch and dinner was included and was very good and generously poured and the places we visited were interesting. I liked the entertainment and the lounges. We were in room 4094, a medium priced choice. Very nice and quiet as well. We ate in both specialty restaurants - the Italian themed one was very good - as well as in the dining room and the buffet. We were able to eat some lunches and dinners out on the deck and that was very nice. When I got back home I told all my friends that I wouldn't go on any other cruise line besides Viking. The good news is that they are building a lot more ships in this same style!

bobinaustin's Full Rating Summary

Cabin DV4 4094

Comfortable king bed, nice size bathroom and a balcony. Room decor was very nice.

Copenhagen

We went a day early and took the harbor tour as well the Viking city tour.

Gothenburg

Nice city to walk around in and the ship is very close to town.

City Tour

The sculpture park was very interesting and Oslo was an interesting town. The City Hall was interesting too. Got caught in the middle of a gay pride parade on the way back to the ship.

View All 41 City Tour Reviews
Holmenkollen Ski Jump

Great view of the area.

View All 17 Holmenkollen Ski Jump Reviews
Vigeland Sculpture Park

Guide gave a nice overview on how the garden had come about and the symbolism of the statues.

View All 40 Vigeland Sculpture Park Reviews
City Tour

Bus tour of city was interesting. Independently we went to the model train exhibit which was only a few blocks from the ship. It was amazing. Its very big and models cities and landscapes around the world and has a model, working airport. I think it's called Wonderland. Go.

View All 22 City Tour Reviews
Canal Tour

Canal tour is always fun. The walking tour suffers somewhat from having to watch for all the bicyclists but does give you a good feel for the city. Trip to Volendam was interesting - it's on a big lake and has a nice, touristy pedestrian street.

View All 311 Canal Tour Reviews

See Canal Tour.

View All 148 City Tour Reviews
Volendam Walking Tour

View All 17 Volendam Walking Tour Reviews
Kiel

Bus tour to a seafarer's memorial and a U-boat was interesting.

Skagen

A pretty, small town on the water. Reminded me of Cape Cod. Nice walking tour and short visit into town.

bobinaustin