3. Viking Sun
We chose this cruise after taking a lovely and memorable river cruise with Viking. We had wanted to visit the Baltic countries on this itinerary. We were taken care of from the time we arrived in Stockholm until we checked into the airport in Bergen. The cruise on the Baltic was as smooth as the river cruise. This surprised us, as we had been on a previous Caribbean cruise (not a Viking cruise) that was quite rocky. The Sun and it’s crew was spectacular! The ship design and artwork were stunning and the cleanliness impeccable. The staff, to a person, was positive, professional and personable. The hiring, training and quality assurance of personnel is top notch. The staff were a team that handled themselves with a high level of friendly decorum. We ate our lunches on the Aquavit and found the food options to be plentiful and delicious. I loved the salad and salmon choices and my husband loved the meat, pizza and pasta selections. The freshness and taste of the food did not fail to delight. We often frequented the sushi bar as appetizers with early evening cocktails- heavenly! The choices for dinner in the Restaurant were plentiful and delicious. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Chef’s Table (paired wines with each course) and Manfredi’s (Italian perfection). The many areas of the ship made the ambiance relaxing and personal. We enjoyed both the infinity pool and outdoor seating on warm days and the enclosed pool area on cool days. We loved the coffee/espresso/ cappuccino machine availability 24/7. Yes, I am a coffee fanatic! We enjoyed evening cocktails in Mamsen’s- beautiful live music and ocean views. Our stateroom was lovely. It was cleaned twice daily -when we left in the a.m. and at turndown while we were at dinner. The bathroom was spacious with drawer space for personal items. The bedroom had ample plugs for phone/iPad charging and two barrel chairs for sitting. The private balcony with table and chairs was sweet for watching the world go by. My only minor comment is that the drawer space was very shallow and hanging space limited for 2 people. Truth: I bring a lot of clothes. I appreciate the fact that there are washers and dryers and irons/ironing boards on each floor with detergent -included without extra charge. I have never felt so wonderfully indulged as I did on this cruise. Yes, we booked our next Viking Ocean cruise before we left the Sun!

Spoiled for 15 Glorious Days!

Viking Sun Cruise Review by Tjuicetmom

Tjuicetmom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

Comfortable, spacious and spotless! Loved the heated bathroom floor.