3. Viking Sun
Our first Viking Cruise, we were drawn mostly to the Viking Homelands itinerary as these were some of the places we most wanted to visit. The included excursions were good, providing very good general background and historical, and geographical, perspective. They can be very crowded as many groups seem to run together. The purchased excursions helped avoid crowds and provided more interesting information.The ship, however, is magnificent! It provided highest level of luxury and service, quality food in abundance and world class entertainment, all of which exceeded our expectations. Although the specialty restaurants were nice, I really enjoyed the rib eye steak at Manfredi's, The World Cafe on Deck 7 is outstanding. I think I ate fresh crab legs every day! Everything is fresh and they will even cook to order. Best of all, they offer twenty four hour room service as good or better than in any hotel. Be sure to go early to secure a good seat at the shows in the comfortable theater. They are highly enjoyable. I give this Viking Ocean Cruise a rating higher than 5!

Exceeds All Expectations

Viking Sun Cruise Review by tommoskitis

tommoskitis’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Sun price drops

The larger space and veranda make the premium for this stateroom well worth it. The luxurious bed was easy to move around and there was more than enough storage space. The bath was large with a terrific shower. The WiFi was fast and mostly dependable. They cleaned twice a day and left ice every evening. Better than any hotel room!