• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

RP Stage
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin:

I like smaller ships, if you consider 900 passengers smaller. Less off and on boarding time, more personal service, less ship to have to navigate within, accessible to smaller, more intimate ports of call. Get to know the staff.

Restaurants were excellent, with a wide choice of menu items. Lots of room in the general dinning area on the 7th deck. Never too crowded to find a seat for four. The special food style/items each night were a real hit. You did not have to dress up for the 7th floor dinning. If you wanted to dress a bit, the restaurants on 2d deck were excellent. Italian and steak - you needed reservations - always busy. My traveling partners and my wife and I are already researching where we can go on another Viking ship - cruise and river. You have a great model for cruising. Oh, heated bathroom floors are a real plus and there was lots of room in the bathroom for two people to be there at the same time and the stateroom was very comfortable. Wifi and TV was excellent. Great to see the ports of call info sessions as recorded if we did not get back from an excursion in time for the 1600 presentation in the very nice theater. The presentations nights were great and we were not inundated with personnel trying to sell us something throughout the ship (like some other lines do). We even got to play shuffle board and walk many miles on the promenade deck.

Cabin 3d deck

I addressed our cabin above and was extremely satisfied. Much better than a river cruise sized cabin.

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $4,779