3. Boudicca
I wanted a trip that my young nephews could go on and so could older members of the family through Saga. The average age of passengers was probably 70 but there were a few younger folk. The ship ran a 'Young Skippers Club' which catered for children 5-11 and this worked very well even though there were only 10 in it the 2 staff worked very hard. The ship itself could do with a bit of an update some of the carpets were threadbare and sometimes there were the odd strange smells (possibly sewage and petrol or cleaning fluid). My cabin was a single inside one so no porthole. It was quite small but adequate. Air conditioning actually worked in fact I couldn't turn it down but that was ok for me and it was quite noisy. Food was very good and the small swimming pools and hot tubs were a hit with the kids. There were shuttle buses running to and from the ports every 15 mins which were a great help.

A taster for great nephews

Boudicca Cruise Review by Steve P

Ages 10 to 12
Get Fred. Olsen Boudicca price drops

Single Inside Cabin
Cabin N 4117
Cabin a bit on the small size and obviously no sea view. Had air conditioning, tea/coffee making facilities, a safe, tv etc.
I think the price of these single inside cabins is far too high (basically you are paying for 2 people)
  Boudicca Deck Plans