3. Carnival Spirit
My partner and I were looking for a relaxing packaged holiday where we could just put our feet up and relax. As my partner is expecting a baby we were somewhat limited for choice because of the Zika virus, so the decision to join the cruise was made. Although we were a little anxious and skeptical about how much we would enjoy it as a cruise is not the usual kind of travel we do, we both thoroughly enjoyed our time on the Carnival Spirit. We both went in with an open mind and not massively high expectations, and came away really pleased with our choice. The aspects that were a highlight to me (in no particular order): - Embarking, Disembarking and tendering were super easy and quick - Service by the wait staff at seated dinner (breakfast was a little more casual though) - Plenty to do if you easily get bored. My partner was happy to read books all day, but I participated in quiz's, went to the fitness centre (and enjoyed the sauna there), watched sport in the sports bar etc. So yes, plenty to do. - The food was good. We have high standards with food choice and it was very good overall considering the ship has to service 2000+ people every day. The sit down dinner was worth it to us and had plenty to choose from. The venison/deer, steak, and melting chocolate cake were standouts. Blue Iguana tacos were great, as were burgers from Guys burgers. - Jinek Bay in Lifou for snorkelling was our highlight. Really was an amazing place. Not so good things: To be honest there weren't many and most were relatively minor. - My biggest bug bear was that we had an obstructed balcony view with the liferafts in front. Now to be honest they dont obstruct you much, but if you were on the balcony often they were a bit of an eye sore. But the frustrating part was that a couple at our table were upgraded from an interior cabin to a balcony cabin free or charge and didnt have an obstructed view, whereas we paid for a balcony cabin (and yes we were told prior it would be obstructed) and were left with the life raft in front. - The AC in the cabin either didnt work (although we did ask for it to be fixed) and was pretty hot to sleep in. Easily remedied with the door left open. Tips: - The Carnival chocolate melting cake is a winner at the sit down dinners. - Get cocktails from Alchemy bar rather than Serenity - Get to Serenity early to get a pod to lie in - Book early to snorkel at Jinek Bay in Lifou Overall: Overall it was a great first cruise experience. It seemed to have something for everyone, and if you approach the cruise with the right attitude it will exceed your expectations. Thanks Carnival and the team on the Spirit.

Great first time cruise experience

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by SiNZ

The aspects that were a highlight to me (in no particular order):

- Embarking, Disembarking and tendering were super easy and quick

Not so good things:

To be honest there weren't many and most were relatively minor.

Tips:

- The Carnival chocolate melting cake is a winner at the sit down dinners.

- Get cocktails from Alchemy bar rather than Serenity

- Get to Serenity early to get a pod to lie in

- Book early to snorkel at Jinek Bay in Lifou