Overall, I thought it a floating Butlins for geriatrics. That may sound a little harsh but I expected a lot more for the money. The entertainment was often suboptimal and the food somewhat bland. Portions were small but not a-la-carte; good job there was food to be had elsewhere on the ship afterwards. Of more concern, the ship ran out of the cheaper wines after week one, which was a concern for many people on board. I chose to decline the gratuitous (£98 per head) on arrival and instead tip staff direct who were helpful above and beyond what was expected (€100 for our maid Grace Etc). More disappointingly, the smell of raw sewage at various locations around the ship was distappointing to say the least. Additionally, having to walk through smoking areas to get to the buffet was awful. Not a good experience and I would not recommend unless you’re too old to care what value for money means.

Time together with my wife and shore excursions.

Azura Cruise Review by Koogarugby

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Superior Deluxe Balcony Stateroom
Overall, I thought it a floating Butlins for geriatrics.

Koogarugby’s Full Rating Summary