3. Mariner of the Seas
We wanted something short for Labor day weekend, and having been on the Mariner before but years ago seemed like a safe bet. Check in was easy and painless and we were on the ship in 20 mins. Booked a lunch at Jamie Olivers Italian restaurant to avoid the hoards of people flocking to the Windjammer cafe for lunch. Food was good ,but a little disappointing because the chicken dish ordered was dark meat and bone - in which I really don't care for and was not advertised as such. Overall good experience. Balcony cabin was typical with hard mattress and flat pillows but the same as all the other balcony cabins we have stayed in. ship just came out of dry dock after extensive retro fit and she looks really good. Waterslide was fantastic Flowrider and rock wall always there for the daring. Skydome was not open when I wanted to use but looked really interesting?? A sore spot for me was Johnny Rockets which went from a small $5.00 cover charge when it started to a now almost $14 charge p.p. to eat there. Then to top it off they TOAST all their buns (even Hot Dog buns) to cover up the fact that their buns are really STALE... Dinner was very good and food was cooked to perfection so no complaints about dining room service. Tried breakfast in the dining room one morning and found that the service that RCL prides themselves on was a bit lacking for breakfast as the wait staff tells you most of the breakfast is available on the buffet set up in the center of the dining room and all your side dishes are now self serve.. So the next morning we tried the Diamond Club for breakfast and it was Limited but that's ok ,we knew that going in The food service staff I think needs a little retraining. While there were plates of muffins and croissants there was no BUTTER. I asked and was told we don't have any.. Ok so there was fruit and yogurt topped with granola -- but NO spoons. Ok I will have the egg offering. Salmon Florentine but wait the warming table is so hot the the eggs have cooked themselves to the dish they were sitting on and when you use the thongs to grab an egg ?? Disaster. So much for the Diamond Club. Put up with the crowds in the Windjammer cafe. The two port days CoCo Cay and Nassau were just as always pretty uneventful with a BBQ on Coco Cay and Atlantis on Nassau. Overall disembarkation was quick and easy we did self assist and took our stuff off ourselves and waved a fond farewell to the Mariner of the Seas.

Some quick Labor Day fun

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Docsavage

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Check in was easy and painless and we were on the ship in 20 mins.

Overall good experience.

Waterslide was fantastic Flowrider and rock wall always there for the daring.

Skydome was not open when I wanted to use but looked really interesting??

Ok so there was fruit and yogurt topped with granola -- but NO spoons.

So much for the Diamond Club. Put up with the crowds in the Windjammer cafe.

Docsavage’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 8230
Cabin was similar to other balconies however the fridge in the cabin was not really a fridge..
It is only a cooler and temp cannot be adjusted so things were not very cold.
The temp was not much lower than room temp.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins