3. Navigator of the Seas
Family celebration with a total of 11 adults and children. Several had more, some less cruise experience. Started off with having to call because of candy wrappers, and crumbs on couch and near full windows of our suite. Luggage did not arrive until after 9 p.m.. Main dining was very good (our attendants were excellent!). Buffet was the worst, food cold, was generally not good quality and we quickly ate all meals in the main dinning room. Entertainment was fair although never went to some events (ice skating for example) because of limited times and overcrowding. We had several smaller kids who with adults went to the game area which had no cruise supervision and my wife was knocked down by teenagers running thruout the area. Estimate 25% of games were out of order. Used childcare with average results. Honfleur/Deauville shore excusion was 3 out of 5. Honfleur was pleasant town with nice presentation. Deauville was a drop-off for an hour with no recommendation where to visit or background. Galicia Cellare tour - have been on several winery tours and all were excellent. We drove 2 1/2 hours to winery. We walked to entrance and waited for a few people who needed assistance and people asked questions about the grapes. It was mentioned they were in the process of bottling the wine but never saw the inside and were escourted to an area for wine tasting and where to buy product. Probably 45 min in total. Drove another hour to small town where no background was given and were told to come back in an hour. All the way back the guide complained about the US even though he was wearing his Nike shoes and apparel (he had never been to the US). Rate 1 of 5. We also took an independent tour of Lisbon with We Hate Tourism group. Will review then at another time. Took the Galley tour our second to last day. They were very specific - no open toe shoes and we will teach everyone how to wash their hands like the crew. Over 30% had open toe shoes, no one washed their hands and observed at least 3 times crew handling food without gloves. The chef? who did the tour spoke so soft no one could hear most of his presentaion. Our special lunch afterward was the worst of the week in terms of food and service. Rating 1 of 5 We carried our luggage off of the ship. We got in line to take a taxi to the train station which was a mile away to go to Gatwick. The driver said there was no train but he could take us for 300 pounds. This was confirmed by the port authority individual standing there. I guess they were working together. I told him to take me to the station where there was of course many trains going to Gatwick. I sent my concerns to R/C and have waited over a month with no answer, thus I have submitted this review. I waited

Our 9th cruise and the worst!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by dakphoenix