3. Carnival Breeze
My wife and I just came back from doing the Western Caribbean on the Breeze, and we had a great time. Embarkation was smooth and fast, debarkation not so fast but still OK. Entertainment was pretty good, with the highlight being the tag-teaming comedians (. . . .More comedy than I have even seen on a ship). But the real highlight, surprisingly, was the food. After cruising multiple times on many of the mainstream cruise lines (RCL, Norwegian, HAL, Princess, MSC, and Celebrity) we have to say that the food on the Breeze was just as good, if not better, than all the other lines we have been on. The devil is in the details, so here we go: Main Dining Room (MDR). Every dish we had in the MDR over the seven days was well done and well presented. In particular, I enjoyed the prime rib, the mushroom soup, the caesar salad, the pork chop, the escargot, and the lobster tail. Some cruise lines no longer even give you lobster, while on the Breeze you can order as many of the large, tasty tails as you want on formal night. Also, on sea days the Breeze offered a brunch in the MDR that had a more extensive menu than we have seen on other ships. The highlight of the brunch was steak and eggs, with the steak being a filet mignon. Yes, a very tender and tasty filet mignon of good size. I knew where I was headed every sea day morning!! Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint. Guy’s burgers are among the best hamburgers we have ever had anywhere, not just the best on a ship! The only other cruise ship hamburger that even comes close was our experience at Johnny Rockets on two of our RCL cruises -- and you had to pay extra for those Johnny Rocket burgers! I would have eaten lunch every day at Guy’s Burger Joint, but I knew that is was bad for me, so we ate there maybe every other day. The fries were also good there, but I stopped eating the fries so that I could eat more burger!! Oh, and for comparison the worst hamburger on a cruise ship? That (dis)honor goes to MSC cruise lines, where they prepare the hamburgers in advance and wrap them in tin foil to sit under a heat lamp for . . . . well, for who knows how long. The Pizza Pirate. All Carnival ships that we have sailed on, including the Breeze, have a 24 hour pizza bar. They make the pizza fresh right when you order it. The ingredients are real: Real, hand tossed pizza dough, real tomato sauce, and real cheese, with multiple different toppings available The thin crust comes out hot and crispy and just right. OK, I have to say “real” cheese because some cruise lines in the past (looking at you, Princess) served us pizza with something that was cheese-like, but, uggh in taste. The Tandoor. All the larger Carnival ships we have sailed on, including the Breeze, have this outdoor Indian food bar. If you like Indian food at all, you are going to love this. Real Indian chefs are cooking it, and the various spices used in the dishes are awesome. OK, some of the dishes are too spicy for my taste. But every day they have different Indian choices, and the trick is to take just a bit of everything, taste it all, and then go back for those dishes that are moderately spiced. Oh, yeah, you can talk burgers and pizza with all cruise lines . . . but Indian food?? ONLY on Carnival, amongst the lines we have tried. Oh, and guess where we saw many of the ship’s officers eating? Yeah, at the Tandoor. The Lido Buffet. So we did not eat much at the buffet because of the superb alternatives mentioned above. We did eat breakfast a few times at the buffet, and it was pretty much the same as other cruises we have been on. The omelettes were maybe a touch better than average, but not much else was remarkable. However, we did eat lunch once in the buffet, and the carved ham was so juicy and tender it seemed to melt in our mouths. A plus, that. Other food choices aboard the Breeze: The Blue Iguana Cafe, Guy’s Pig and Anchor BBQ, and the Mongolian Wok. We did not try these this go round . . . . so won’t comment. We also did not try the fee options, such as the specialty restaurants or the “upgraded” MDR steak and seafood dishes. I mean, why bother?? Thanks, Carnival, for not downgrading your all-inclusive dining options to try to push people to the fee dining options. It is a bit of wonder why Carnival food is a good as it is in comparison to other cruise lines in its price niche. Most Carnival ships sail out of the same port year round, and do not relocate each season -- so perhaps that allows for better quality consistency, and more bang for Carnival’s food budget? Well, who knows. Just enjoy!!

Wow, the Food!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Petersonfcu

Petersonfcu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Spa Balcony
Cabin 8S 12005
The Spa Balcony is great. Immediate access to several areas of the spa, how relaxing. Also, virtually no external noise (some other reviewers have complained about noise affecting these deck 12 cabins).
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Distillery Tour
    Very interesting tour of the Appleton Estate Rum Distillery. Only reason this is not five stars is that it is a long drive (2.5 hours each way), and the aggressiveness of the local drivers was a little beyond my liking. Our bus driver, though, handled it all very well and safely,
    View All 5 Distillery Tour Reviews