3. Costa Magica
I chose this cruise thinking it would be lovely for my moms very first cruise. Honestly the ports of call sounded more appealing than a normal med cruise. And that was my main reason for picking this cruise line. I have cruised before but always with American ships (Carnival in particular)So was expecting high standards. In fairness the crew were very sweet and did everything they could to make the cruise enjoyable in particular the staff at embarkation and disembarkation very helpful to my elderly mother taking her hand on and off the ramp, Our waiter in the evening Dsilva Dolree did his very best to ensure our dining was pleasant. (The food was generally exceptionally disappointing) And our cabin crew lovely and helpful. My main complaints were food related. Bland at best and over salted at worst. The same Italian staples came out at lunch each day same sandwiches same hams cheeses etc. I understand its an Italian ship but they need to cater to those of us that are not Italian. We don`t all love tasteless over-salted pasta. Or a main course for dinner without vegetables. There was plenty of melon on board and plenty of apples and pineapple so I cannot complain about the fruit however a variety would be nice instead of same oh same oh at every lunch and breakfast. Most people go on a cruise for the food drink and entertainment. In all of these I`m afraid i found the Magica totally lacking. (I`m not a drinker so honestly didn't pay for a drinks package because it would have been a waste) hate to say this but will not use Costa again I think I will stick to the American cruises there is no comparison . they know how to entertain and how to put on beautiful edible meals.

Disappointing

Costa Magica Cruise Review by Veronica_16

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Inside Classic

. they know how to entertain and how to put on beautiful edible meals.
Veronica_16’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Magica price drops

Inside Classic
Cabin IC 2443
Cabin was fine a bit tired but thats more to do with the age of the ship. Cabin crew were lovely cant fault the staff.
Giotto Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins