3. Viking Ingvi
I enjoyed last years Danube cruise so much I had no hesitation to re-enlist with Viking. However, since ours was a last minute choice I WOULD HAVE TRIED ANOTHER LINE IF ONE Had been available. I received no discount for signing on to a previously cancelled stateroom. We were on the bottom level, whereas last year we had a French balcony. We feel the French balcony was not worth the extra charge even if we could have gotten one. The ship , cabin, dining were comparable to last year although I felt two of the dinner meals I had were average. Last years activities were only slightly better. Service was on par with last year. I I felt Viking air might have gotten us non stop to Amsterdam from JFK ( maybe a result of a last minute reservation To say we saw 4 countries is really not true. You see nothing worth mentioning in Amsterdam and the cruise through the Netherlands was dull. Didn’t see anything of Basel Switzerland, just busfrom boat to airport. We did not travel with anyone We would not go again perhaps another river in Europe One word regarding superior seamamanship : excellent He got is through when other boats couldn’t get through Regarding an optional tour in Strasbourg Pricey 179 euros each but definitely the excursion highlight

Rhine experience

Viking Ingvi Cruise Review by Kevinpcoyne

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Explorer Suite

We did not travel with anyone

We would not go again perhaps another river in Europe

One word regarding superior seamamanship : excellent

He got is through when other boats couldn’t get through

Kevinpcoyne’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Ingvi price drops

Explorer Suite
Cabin ES 120
Good use of space. Small window adequate
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins