3. Mariner of the Seas
My overall experience was great, as it is often pointed out, what you make it. We had cabin 1688 which is located in the back of the ship and is one of the largest balcony cabins. I was a little concerned because it is located on deck 10 which is below the lido deck and thought this might be noisy but, we heard absolutely nothing except occasionally the engines but that sound did not last long. The one area that was a little sad to me is how can a ship pour billions of dollars into renovation but totally ignore the furnishings that really need to be replaced. There were 4 of us, 2 teenage granddaughters slept on the pull out sofa, it was huge and actually could have slept a third person but it was old and in desperate need of being replaced. My granddaughters were cruising for the first time and did not find there was enough evening activities for teenagers but that could have just been because of the lack of a lot of teenagers on board and because of their inexperience in knowing exactly what to look for but they seemed to have enjoyed the overall experience. The staff aboard the ship were excellent, I can honestly say one of the few times I remembered everyone who did something for us. Ren was our cabin steward and he was excellent and pleasing in every way, never had to be reminded of anything I asked for on the first day. Xin and Suraj were our waiters and they always went beyond to make sure we were aware of the activities each day. The other area I am disappointed with Royal is no laundry facilities, although I don't use them, being able to press a dress would be nice and thanks for doing away with the dog on board policy, I was not happy to see a dog in a stroller who clearly was not a service dog in the dining room. I loved the decor of the ship very much and we also made the decision to rent the beds on coco cay, that service is well worth the money unless you have small children and want to keep them close to the action as these are pretty much away from those areas which I personally enjoyed as I just wanted to relax.

Mariner 4 day August 27, 2018

Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6B 1688
As i pointed out above in my overall review, the rooms need to be updated, furnishings are old and definitely showing signs of wear and tear. The bathrooms could also use some updating as well although I loved the shower doors versus the shower curtains.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins