3. Viking Vili
We chose Viking for our first cruise, and now we are spoiled. It was a celebration of our 50th Wedding Anniversary. Our Cruise Director, Gary, was most enjoyable. Entertainment on board was enjoyable especially the glass blowing demonstration. The apple strudel demonstration was a gastronomic sensation. The river was impassable at one point which caused all of us to be moved from the Viking Mimir which picked us up in Amsterdam and took us to the impasse. We disembarked and went on a scheduled day excursion and the bus returned us to the Viking Vili with our luggage. We continued on the Vili all the way to Budapest. The extensions at both ends of our river cruise were top notch accommodations. Please Note: I spent over 27 years in the US Army, and my last seven serving as a Sergeant Major. I have been trained to look for and spot items out of place or needing attention. I could not - repeat could not - find one thing to criticize, improve, or correct on our Viking Grand European River Cruise. Our ship swap was an example of military precision.

Viking Grand European Tour Amsterdam to Budapest on Viking Vili & Viking Mimir