Disney Dream Cruise Review by smd8z
- Sail Date: August 2018
- Destination: Bahamas
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
We opted for the late dining (8:15) which was a bit tough for the little ones (6 and 7) but, honestly, we wouldn't have wanted the earlier seating. We heard from other people that they were rushed to be ready for the early dinner, and then their kids would fall asleep during the shows. The late dinner watches the shows at 6:15pm, and they were so fantastic that we would've hated for the kids to be too tired to watch them. Also, having the late dinner seating meant our disembarkation breakfast was at 8 am (not at 6:15! Which is what the early dinner seating gets assigned).
Embarkation and disembarkation were flawless. We took the Disney bus to and from the airport, which was about a 40 min drive.
1. If your child gets a band for the Oceaneer Club, make sure to return it before 11pm the night before disembarkation. The $12.95 for the band will get credited back to your account. If you forget, your child gets to keep the band but you pay the $12.95.
2. Take the time to get to know your servers, Stateroom host, etc. Disney employees on this ship have the most amazing life stories! And they are such hard working, friendly people.
3. Yes, there are a LOT of kids on this cruise. It's Disney. I've read other reviews where people complain about the number of kids and that the cruise is not adult friendly. In my opinion, there are PLENTY of activities for adults only (Spa, tastings, etc). However, if you want to take a cruise where you don't see kids, don't do Disney.
- View All Balcony Cabin Reviews
- View All Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah (04D) Reviews
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Castaway CayWhat a fantastic island! Something for everyone. Next time we will take a cruise that stops here twice.View All 434 Castaway Cay Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Castaway Cay Cruise Port Review