3. Carnival Inspiration
I was in charge of 5 people’s vacation for the week. After finding the perfect dates and given a budget I was able to book two Verandah suites aboard this ship. Being my first time cruising and hearing others reviews of the cruise I wasn’t expecting too much. Upon arriving and making it through customs (having the Verandah rooms give you priority access through some lines, by the way) we walked through the maze of the ship to find two beautiful rooms on the top of the ship with balconies waiting for us. 2 in one room and 3 in the other. We dropped off our bags and began to explore. The boat isn’t huge, but with amenities like a spa, gym, hair salon, multiple bars, restaurants, lounges, plenty of seating there’s always something to do! There’s pizza and ice cream available 24 hours a day and if that isn’t enough to get you there’s a Blue Iguana (Mexican) and Guy’s Burger Joint right next to the main deck where everyone hangs out. The staff on our boat were incredible I’d like to highlight a few of them. These staff memebers work so hard and tirelessly. I didn’t see a single one without a smile on their face. I Made was our steward on the Verandah cabins and made our trip absolutely incredible by keeping our rooms tidy and always checking in to make sure we had everything we needed—we received complimentary cookies and water from this sweet man and his staff. At dinner we met Ferdinand and Alex who facilitated the most fun and personalized dining experiences I’ve had the pleasure of having. They danced, sang, and remembered minute details about each of the people in my party. They went above and beyond to get us all the food we wanted and even treated us to some off the menu Filipino food from the chef on our last night in the Mardi Gras dining room. Without these 3 men I know our trip would’ve been a totally different experience (if you’re dining in the Mardi Gras room ask for Ferdinand, his section fills us fast and if you have the pleasure of having him serve you, you won’t regret it!) The shows were so much fun! PARENTS BEWARE OF STUDIO VIP THOUGH! There is an unannounced strip tease at one point and though there weren’t any kids in our group I would’ve assumed that there would’ve been some sort of a warning before one of the cast members on stage had his clothes ripped off his body. (Don’t get me wrong, it was great, but parents with kids just know this is coming at some point in the show). We opted to do the taste of Mexico shore excursion in Ensenada and got so much bang for our buck! Brenda, our guide brought us through the downtown shopping area, took us to the main square with some statues and explained the history of Ensenada. We were then escorted to the venue where we met Luis, our cooking instructor who taught us to make our own salsa, guacamole, enchiladas, and tortas. With locally sourced produce and an awesome and interactive instructor you will enjoy yourself! After learning to make 4 different types of food your are escorted Up the stairs to tequila tasting. 6 different shots are poured and included in this $50 food tour and it’s absolutely worth every cent. I don’t even drink and had so much fun watching my family take these shots with the rest of the tour! Go eat all the food, workout (or get some sort of movement into your day, and just enjoy your time on the boat! Tip: don’t buy the internet, you’re on vacation—unplug for the next 4 days. There are very few times you’ll be this disconnected and it’s wonderful.

Better than my expectations!

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Japanika21

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

Japanika21’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS V 15
Clean, well taken care of, plenty of space, BEAUTIFUL view on our little patio. More than enough space for my husband and I. Also the bed is so incredibly comfy, it blew my mind how well I slept on the ship!
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins