3. AmaSerena
This was my first river cruise, and my husband and I were very impressed. From the excellent service on board to the delicious gourmet meals and multiple shore excursion choices, we felt pampered and relaxed. The ship itself, Ama Serena, is clean and beautifully equipped. There was always something to do, on-board or off. There were interesting talks on the history of the local cities/countries and their wines, lounging poolside, listening to live music, or exploring the cities and shops on shore. Maddy, our tour guide was excellent with her knowledge and advice in planning shore excursions. Dining, particularly the dinners, were fun and excellent. Every detail was attended to, and we weren't ready to leave the ship after the week was over! We would definitely recommend AmaWaterways and would cruise again with them on another trip in the future. Our one complaint would be something many others found frustrating as well, and I'm not sure in this day and age with all the boat traffic on the river that this will improve or change any time soon. Be aware that in some ports and depending on what side your cabin is located, you will dock right next to another ship and you will look directly into the cabins of the neighbor boat. You may not be able to enjoy the views from your window/balcony and will want to keep your drapes drawn. When you disembark to go ashore, you will need to walk through the neighbor ship to get on land. This was particularly obnoxious when a neighboring ship (not AmaWaterways) had their laundry hung up all over their balconies (this only happened one time). I still would recommend getting a balcony room, however, because it is so beautiful to sit outside and watch the countryside go by, and even to experience the locks from your balcony. I really enjoyed going through the locks (we went through 12 of them!), especially at night--it was kind of spooky, but fun to experience.

Loved this river cruise and can't wait to go again!

AmaSerena Cruise Review by ninerfanz1

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony

ninerfanz1’s Full Rating Summary
Get AmaWaterways AmaSerena price drops

Stateroom with French balcony and outside balcony
Cabin AB
The cabin was much larger than I had expected, and very comfortable. The queen size bed was comfortable, and the a/c worked very well. Lots of space in the bathroom, with a refreshing changeable shower head, either the handheld type or rain shower from the ceiling. There was a flat screen television with limited movies and English speaking news programs. Refrigerator and large closet. But, the best thing about the room was the french balcony where you could sit or stand and watch the lovely countryside roll by.
Cello Deck Balcony Cabins

• City Tour
    There is so much to see in Budapest, and the tour covered a lot of ground. We loved learning about the history, people and politics of the region. But some people found it too long in the heat. Just be aware that you will need lots of water and bring some snacks since you may get hungry along the way. It's a beautiful city and you will want to experience as much of it as you can.
    View All 298 City Tour Reviews
  • The Castle District
    Excellent tour--learned so much in a short period of time. It was very hot and we did a lot of walking, so be prepared with water and good walking shoes. You may wish to bring some snacks along as well.
    View All 62 The Castle District Reviews