3. Carnival Pride
Embarkation and Disembarkation: Baltimore port was extremely efficient and fast. Last year, we left out of Norfolk and it was an hour-plus process each getting on and getting off. Rooms and Décor: I don’t agree with how “ugly” other reviewers say this ship is. I thought it was beautiful. Yes you can see certain areas where there is rust or wear and tear, but as a whole, I think the poor reviews about the look of the ship are a bit exaggerated. Our room attendant, Fery, was super sweet and didn’t miss a beat. He, along with a good majority of the staff, are the sweetest, nicest, coolest people, and I’m always amazed that they remember our first names. They truly make you feel like family. If you use a fan at night at home, you’ll want to bring a portable – we were on deck 8 and heard a lot of noises that had the fan not somewhat drowned out, would’ve been a real disturbance. Food: SUCKED. Oftentimes there was only one person working the deli, and the pizza place would only give out half 10” pies at a time. Overall it tasted like cafeteria food. I know that when you are cooking for thousands of people, it can only be so good; however our dinner at the steakhouse (a $35 extra charge per person) was phenomenal. It sucks that with the amount of money you pay for this cruise, you only get the “good” food if you pay an extra fee. Guy Fieri’s burgers are pretty good, though. I also hated how inconvenient it is to get a soda to have with your meal. I have to walk to a bar, wait several minutes to be served, and by the time I get back to my table my food is no longer hot. Apparently, according to other reviews, food on cruise ships is nothing to write home about regardless of which cruise line you go with. Camp Ocean: I was extremely disappointed in the Camp Ocean scene. What is marketed on the carnival website as a fun, exciting, engaging time for the kids with countless activities, felt a lot like daycare. The staff did not seem excited nor did they go out of their way to make our children feel comfortable when they saw how clearly uncomfortable they were about being left. We made them try it, and told them if they didn’t like it they didn’t have to go. The Night Owls party that costs extra is basically a party where they throw all kids of all ages in a room together – obviously something like this may make little ones feel uncomfortable. They hated it and begged us not to go back. Having said that, it would’ve been nice to have more family-oriented activities that were not JUST for little kids and not JUST for adults so we could all be together with both ages enjoying themselves (I will say the Battle of the Sexes game before Bingo was exactly that, and hilarious, and fun). For example, anything kid-oriented seemed to have stopped before dinner so we were left with children and nothing fun or age-appropriate for them to do with us. Entertainment: We loved the 88 keys shows (Shayna, one of the singers, was really sweet and even had cookies sent to our room) and the Lip Sync Battle. We also loved Bingo but as with everything else not already included, it was extremely overpriced with very little chance of winning. We found out after purchasing that in order to win the jackpot, Bingo had to be called in 49 balls or less (which, if you’re a Bingo player, is near impossible). Punchline Comedy Club was funny. Got a massage on port day and must say it is hands down the best massage I've ever gotten. Afterward she tried pretty adamantly to sell me hundreds of dollars worth of skincare products, but because the massage was THAT good, I didn't care. If you're interested in the best massage of your life, my masseuse was from Thailand and her name was hard to pronounce so she said to call her "Su." Other: Lido deck is EXTREMELY slippery and we easily watched a dozen people – young, old, big, small – bust their asses. They have “wet floor” signs all over but I was shocked at how many people fell right in front of my eyes. Ports: Half Moon Cay is amazing. The most beautiful beach I’ve ever seen. Food is provided by Carnival but you CANNOT use your Cheers package on the island which was a real disappointment. There is not a tree or shade anywhere in sight on the beach so be sure to go immediately to a lifeguard stand to rent a pair of chairs with awnings or a private cabana behind them. Overall, we all had a blast. We love Carnival and love the demographic. It really is the "fun" ship. The food was a disappointment but the staff and experience makes up for it as much as possible. Will cruise again but probably either a shorter duration or without kids since they had to stick with the parents the whole time.

Happy Cruisers Overall