3. Norwegian Getaway
Research done by a family member made this the most feasible one for the whole family. 18 of us! We arrived in Miami the evening before, just in case of flight delays, etc. Did not want anything to impede our getaway. Everyone was tense and excited about the beginning of our adventure, especially me - more like worried, as I get seasickness. I carried all sort of anti-everything with me. Embarkation went off smoothly. It was amazing how smooth everything was organized given the number of people boarding the ship. The ship was huge. Suffice to say that despite the delicious meals we consumed, I did not put on my weight due to the walking I did during the trip! Our cabin was very nice - clean and comfortable. Our steward created fancy animal shapes out of towels every evening. He would top up the ice bucket which was a nice touch. The washroom was a delight as it was compact and spacious, given that there were so many cabins on each level. We dined in style every evening. We had made reservations previously at various restaurants but we also dined at others. The buffet was very generous and always had lots of variety and enough to feed the multitude. The service at all the restaurants was excellent. I was thrilled as that, for me, is the deal breaker. The entertainment on board was par excellence. Enjoyed all that the ship offered. Did not take part in pool activities as there was so much going on that picking and choosing made swimming a last choice. The cruise director and his staff made it very enjoyable. The casino was fun though I did not win anything. Just lost a bit of US$, as did my mom. But we enjoyed it. The ports we stopped at were very interesting and it was wonderful to walk around and enjoy the local culture. The excursions were well organized and very enjoyable. Belize was a disappointment as the rain made outdoor trips impossible. But still, a good port. My daughters and husband, who have been wanting to cruise for years, but because of my distrust of ships, thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They loved every excursion, and everything that the ship had to offer - the clubs, the tasting experiences, the entertainment. Although I have been against cruises my whole life time, I think I would seriously consider going on another cruise sometime in the future. That just goes to show how much I enjoyed the experience, after the queasyness of the first day at sea. Thank you so much to everyone at Norwegian Getaway for a wonderful experience.

Experience of a Life Time

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by FloraVaz

Thank you so much to everyone at Norwegian Getaway for a wonderful experience.
FloraVaz’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin ID 9431
The cabin was a good size and the steward kept in neat and tidy. The washroom was very clean and we had absolutely no complaints about our cabin.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins