3. Viking Vili
Cruise director Gary was very nice, but a bit sarcastic at times, which I was fine with, but my have put off others. He was an asset, in any event. Nightly entertainment was in need of improvement. Those brought in for special nights were good, but the "lounge players" could have been better. We were on the Villi and then changed to the Meli, because of low water. Both lounges singers were marginal at best, although the male counterparts who played piano and other instruments were better. The female singers need to go back for vocal training. Many tour guides were very variable in quality. Some good, some marginal, several poor, but I can not be specific because did not keep a record. Few were excellent. I was very annoyed Viking would not let us use the onboard promotional for dollars off future cruises toward previous booked cruises. (buy 100 get 100 free up to $800) We have a Barcelona to Copenhagen cruise that we booked several months prior to the river cruise sailing, but were not permitted to use that incentive toward the actual cost of the next cruise, because we had already booked. I would suggest they amend that so your patrons who booked within the past 6 months can still have that advantage. I understand it is offered as an incentive for new bookings, but to get your cabin of choice, bookings need to be at least 18 months in advance and therefore I do not feel we should be "penalized" due to advanced planning. I will likely take at least one more river cruise, although I think they need to expand Cruise destination options. I keep getting emails about taking cruises with the same ports I have already been which shows no attention to detail recording individual passenger. I would definitely continue the wine and beer offerings at lunch and dinner, as that is part of what sets Viking apart from their competition, amongst other things.

Very good overall

Medicineman2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 220
Showers are too small.......room was adequate, but space is definitely tight........Window was filthy and told staff on arrival, but it was never cleaned. Otherwise all was fine except beds are not full twins, making sleeping less comfortable, but I knew this in advance
Main Deck Outside Cabins