Pacific Jewel Cruise Review

3 days on a leaky boat

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by tramar

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the South Pacific

We went on this 3 day cruise to try a short cruise with P&O to see if we liked cruising ...we were on level 6. We had a leak outside our door ..which the cleaners explained was from a plumbing pipe from the upper stories bathroom .."rusty pipes" he said "old ship" "P&O sell soon!" They put some plastic down on the floor ..so I guess that fixed that?!

The staff were friendly and helpful ..all except a couple of control freaks that were no fun at all. But then when you work long hours for 8 months with no day off you probably would get a little bit short tempered with guests!

The food was tasteless and cheap ,,smelly fishy fish and coloured sugar cakes.

The entertainment was quite good with comedian "Garry Who" giving us a laugh the first night ..the second night the show was canceled because of technical issues (maybe the leaky pipes were dripping into the microphones?)

BINGO with Michael was fun but when your paying $30 a ticket you would want it to be!

I paid $30NZ for 8 x 1.5Ltr bottles of water to be in the cabin on arrival, but we had to ask for them and we only got 6 bottles, so they were 6 very expensive bottles of water.

Be wary when you get your account ..P&O add a "P & O Partnership Charity Donation" ..which was $1 per passenger AUS $ which is $1.53 NZD ..which adds up to around $2500 that P&O make from every guest on every trip for nothing??? When I got home I called P&O questioning this, as I did not authorize any charity payment to come off my card, so they are refunding this ...but I wonder how many other guests question this?

tramar's Full Rating Summary

Cabin internal room 6136

Creaky Cabin with paper thin walls . so you .hear all the neighbors talking ..and whatever else they might be doing. Also hear the staff cleaning the cocktail bars on the floor above at about 2am in the morning. The bed matches a prison bed ..although Ive never been to prison ,,I imagine its the same with an iron bar base and a thin lumpy mattress with a big hard join down the middle ...I guess if P & O make the cabins too quiet, cozy and comfortable you wont spend any money in the bars!

Auckland