3. Norwegian Pearl
I've been on the NCL Pearl 3 times before and like the ship so thought I would go on a cruise that has been a major part of its itinerary. I didn't really know what to expect with an Alaskan trip in general but everyone told me that I would really like it. They were correct. I travel by myself and on this size ship it is very easy to meet people and then run into them a couple more times during the trip. Only two cruise ships a day can go into Glacier Bay and the Pearl was one of the two allowed in the day we were there. The larger ships are not able to go in to these same location. I like going into port in this medium sized ship. My interests on the ship are related to enjoying the ship operations like docking and undocking and watching sun rises and sun sets as well as walking the decks. I am not as interested in attending the entertainment venues that most people do attend and find that there is such a variety of things to do on a cruise that there is room for all types of interests. On most of the excursions that I participated in there were less than a dozen others from the ship who chose the same venues. I like that we have these choices and I enjoy the folks I meet on these excursions and enjoy running into them later during our trip. My two favorite areas on the ship for me to "hang out" are the out door dining area at the back of the ship and the bridge viewing lounge where passengers can view the navigation stats on the passenger viewing console and watch what the bridge staff including the captain are doing to run the ship. I have already booked future trips on this same ship. I don't want to go on a larger ship and am very happy with this medium sized ship. I also like the flexibility of the NCL cruise.

Great cruise, friendly & enjoyable ship

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by GEMarshall

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside
GEMarshall’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE 4573
I find these cabins very comfortable
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins