3. Norwegian Pearl
I went on this cruise with a group who enjoy Irish music and dance. That was great. The worst part of the cruise was the air quality. We were going to get a balcony cabin but decided to get a cabin with a window. Big mistake. The air quality was poor. There are double doors going from a corridor to the theatre or the salon; if they are closed the air is bad. I came home with a cold despite washing and sanitising my hands many times as requested. Staff were helpful for the most part. Because we were on the fifth deck, we were prevented from going to our cabin when disembarking. Because of the staff's language difficulties, my friend who is handicapped and must use the elevators, was sent up in the elevator instead of down a couple of times. I don't like music played at top volume. The atrium is particularly uncomfortable because of noise from talking and loud music. The spa experience was excellent. I had appointments for hair and skin in the spa and the staff were experts and did an excellent job. Food and staff in the Moderna Restaurant were wonderful and the view was lovely. The Teppanyang was very good. Food in the Lotus Garden was average. Food in the Garden Cafe was good but often cold. Same in the Summer Palace, although it had lovely views as well. However, I was somewhat uncomfortable staring at paintings of the executed Tsar Nicholas II and his family. I would only take another NCL cruise for the Irish music or similar.

Air Quality & Irish Music

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by taistealach

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Picture Window

I would only take another NCL cruise for the Irish music or similar.
taistealach’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA 5052
The air quality was poor. The cabin itself was fine. Lots of storage, big bathroom for a ship. Nicely furnished--obviously redone recently.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins