• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

lmcgowan82
10+ Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Aug 2018
Cabin: Inside Twin with Shower

I’m a well seasoned cruise traveller with over 25 completed to date ranging from Princess, RCI, Celebrity and P&O. I’ve never felt compelled to write a review until now.

Having cruised similar with P&O, my partner and I, along with two other friends booked a weekend cruise on Ventura to Guernsey over August Bank Holiday. We sailed on Ventura previously to Brugges, and as Platinum club members with Princess we know the layout of Ventura and Azura mirror their ships, so we were well aware of the ship and what lay ahead – or so we had thought.

Firstly upon arrival at Southampton I have to say this was the worst I have experienced to date. Complete chaos. Guests were called in sequence order A-Z depending on what you are given when you arrive at the top of the stairs of the terminal. Waited for approximately 1.5hours to check in (1pm arrival). Terrible.

Inside Twin with Shower

Cabin OG

perfect location - close to the rear elevators. bed was probably the most comfortable bed i've slept in at sea = one of the very few things P&O have got correct.

Find a Ventura Cruise