Crystal Serenity Cruise Review

Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by medicruiselover

• Sail Date: Aug 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah

Before we sailed, we were full of expectation to sail with the Best Ship of the Year. However, we were so disappointed about everything we experienced right from the cruise terminal.

When we arrived, no porters to carry out luggage and we asked, the staff said we had to carry our big luggage all the way to the ship for check in. We were astonished but no one at the terminal was able to help. After checked in ( inside the ship already ), we asked about our luggage since the room was not ready until 3pm, the staff did not know how to react and simply asked to check with the Reception. We were upset and she finally got up and asked someone ( the Officer I think ) and she came to us and said our luggage would be taken care of. This was a bad start.

Then, we headed to the main dining room for lunch and the food was very ordinary, I asked for an orange juice and the juice was not fresh and I was surprised and asked the waiter for a fresh one and said all juices were from the machine. Later I asked another waitress whom said all juices are fresh and brought me a fresh one. How could this happen ?

In 7 days sail, we found the services were mediocre and food on the whole ( except a couple of meals ) was just above average, even their flagship restaurant Nobu restaurant. There were however, a couple of meals which were good, like lobster night !

I also think they are under staff, I was standing in a queue for 20 minutes for a burger while my friend was sitting at the table for 25 minutes before being served ( after waiving to the waiters a couple of time for getting their attention ), there were so many people and so few staff at the deck. However, in Tastes, another restaurant, the service was much better though.

Most of transportation ( shuttle bus and tender service to/from ports ) were not well managed and sometimes were left alone with the driver to show us the way to the town !

Entertainment not too good also.

Last one good thing to add was the disembarkation which was very smooth, it took us 10 minutes to reach to the outside taxi stand !

In summary, we would not choose Crystal again, simply for worth the money !

medicruiselover's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin P2 9028

Smaller than expected although a lot of draws to store things. No daily fruits/welcome drink which is a big minus.

Monaco (Monte Carlo)

Beautiful port but nothing to see, need to go to Nice or nearby towns.

Marseille

Very beautiful and much bigger than I thought, no need to join excursion if you remain in the city

Port Vendres (Carcassonne)

The old town is interesting and we took a local bus to the nearby beach, so crowded. You must need to try their lobster soup !

Ibiza

Not our taste and nothing much to do, may be for the young crowd for partying.

Alicante

Very beautiful and we went to Novelda to see the Saint Maria Church at the hill top ( by excursion ), very interesting as the style of the church ( outside ) is like Segrada Familiar

medicruiselover